• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

really upset today

bungle1999

Sorry for a negative post but i just want to get this off my mind.
Apart from the medication speciifically prescribed for me post op I only take one regular medication, which due to not being able to currently take tablets is being prescribed in liquid format. (and tastes even worse than the liquid paracetamol).
Today i went to the pharmacy to pick up my said medication, which is an anti-depressant and there was not any waiting for me, despite having been told i would have to have the months supply dispensed every week as it only has a shelf life of 8 days in liquid format.
I have no medication left and was told i needed anther script(which i did have) but that i would have to wait until Tuesday.
I explained this was totally unacceptable as I had been prescribed a months supply and had only had three weeks worth as I had followed the 8 day shelf life rule.
The pharmacist did suddenly manage to arrange for the script to be ready for tomorrow!!!!!!!
What I am upset about is this; this is not the first time the pharmacy have made a point of telling me how expensive this drug is in liquid format, asked me (again) in a busy pharmacy why i was having to have liquids and finally suggested i hurry and get back on to tablets due to the:cry: expense.

Might not seem much but I am really upset and just needed to let off steam.

XXXX

Don't feel bad about coming on here we are all here for the good and the more difficult days. I too am on anti depressants but i was tolsd for the first two weeks to break open the capsules and take out the powder it was vile, now i can swallow them with any probs. There is a lot of people in this world who can't swallow tablets for a huge variety of reasons and need medication in liquid form and it never ceases to amaze me how people just jump in before thinking it was none of their business to question your prescription. Everyone knows you can't just come off antidepressants so glad you managed to get it sorted but sorry you had a s.........t time getting there x

Awww Hun, Dont you worry about ranting on here.. **ck the pharmacist.. and his exspenses! if thats what you must have, then its his duty to supply.. "Pfft".. Jobs Worth! Fancy questioning you infront of a shop full aswell!! Grrr ;o) x

Its so annoying isnt it! I was told flat out that I wasnt allowed my medication in liquid form because it was too expensive and was told to just take them cut up. I think it is completely wrong that cost comes before health. :(

i have been told i can't have mine chopped up or i would have done! Am gonna ring my GP tomorrow although the phar,acist said he is as well to discuss my medication. I am lucky though and have an excellent GP and know shw will be very supportive. It took her ages to hit on an anti-depressant that did not make me suicidal, so i think she will tell him what for. I know I will after not having my fix today!!!!!!
Thanks for the support folks. xxxx

I too take anti-depressants and the morning after my op, they came around with my usual meds and I just took it. Then someone from pharmacy came nd told me she was changing everything to oral suspension. I basically told her she wasn't as I had already taken them with no problems and dind't want to take liquid of anything. She said that it was fine as long as I had swallowed them OK so I have taken them ever since. I don't know why they worry about this as when they give you your multivitamins, they are so huge they are more like horse pills and you have to take them whole. I reckon if you can swallow those, you can swallow anything!

Hi Bungle - the cheek of the pharmacist - if it's been prescribed by a Dr. then that is that. Just another hassle for you. Not fair.

Best wishes
Jen x

That is flipping awful. I'm damn sure if you were going in to buy some of those super duper expensive 'alli' slimming pills she wouldn't have said buy a bottle of slimfast and go for a good walk, bloody twats..

I hope your doctor gives them what for. How dare they question how your gp writes her scripts out in the first place, jobsworth hmmph xx

I am so sorry to hear about your bad experience with the pharmacist. Is there another pharmacy that you could take your prescription to? Cheer up chuckles, don't let him/her spoil the rest of your week.

Rebirth

You should have picked up some condoms and asked him if he would like a description of what you wanted them for!...love to see the face on him then.

My son's girlfriend (who is a certified pharmacy assistant before going off to uni) told me that most drugs can be got in liquid form...and pharmacist have no right to discuss your medical needs in front of anyone...

I hope you tell your GP to give him a ring and tell him that he give you exactly what he prescribed....because he feels that liquid form is best for his patient.

Of course you could go somewhere else...but I'd go just to annoy him now...

Good luck hun...don't let the walley get you down.

(((hugs)))

Thanks everyone. I am feeling ALOT better this morning. My husbandf was fuming though and is going to fetch my script this morning. My husband is an extremely calm and collected man but when ne is angry he is like a dog with a bone and he is going to see the pharmacist. I am going to speak to my doctor. I deserve better than wjat I got!!!!

that is disgusting what the pharmesist sed to u hun hasnt he heard of patient confidentuality prob spelt wrong but you knw what i mean i would complain hun but if your not a complainer then defo see your doc about it and maybe she will have words with him the cheeky b*****d oh i would of loved to have been there with you hun i would of giv him what for for you agggghhhhhh this has made me so angry who does he think he is you take care huni and ignore the silly bugger lots of love n hugs lin.x

Bungle, this makes me soo mad. My gp surgery changed my medication to a cheaper version and I can't swallow tablets at all and my gp accepts I just cant do it. However, I had to see the gp to be allowed the 'more expensive version'. He had no problem with it at all and he told me its the gp's budget that this comes out of. It's nothing whatsoever to do with the pharmacist, it's not their money!! I would have told the pharmacist to mind their own business, as long as you have a pescription their job is just to fill it not ask questions...thats what the gp is for!!!

I hope your husband does have a go and shows up the pharmacist and I would write a letter of complaint to your gp.... Good luck hun and don't let the b******s win xxx

Well today is a new day and my hubby has been fantastic....

He went to see the pharmacist armed with the royal college of pharmacists code of ethics that he downloaded last night!!! I think the pharmacist knew he was not happy and I will be receiving a written apology.
In the meantime, I rang my GP who, as has already been said, confirmed it is her budget my drugs come out of and she was less than impressed that I had been asked in an open shop about my medical condition and what stage I am at. She asked my permission to ring him and shout at him. My GP has said as a group practice they fully believe in what I have had done and the partners all want the best outcome for me and I am to stay on liquids as long as my surgeon who performed my op says and I am not to even think about the cost.

Thanks again everyone for all your support.xxxxx

Your script was written by your dr, and if that d*ckbrain wants to question it (s)he should do so with your GP, not you. Oohhh... these people make me livid!

Phwooarr its a damn good job nobody has ever said anything like that me. Thats downright disgusting. Its bad enough that you may be down following major surgery and being prescribed for depression without an idiot embarrassing you in public like that.

Hope your feeling ok today.

xx

Back