• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recovering after Tummy Tuck on NHS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lola

It looks good already...what a lovely figure you have, well done on your loss!

With the indentation, dont know why it happens but my partner recently had his gall bladder removed and was left with an indentation under his scar. At first it really bothered him, but now its just a part of him and dosent worry him.

Look forward to reading about your progress.

michellesharkey

hello ...just browsing ive just joined the forum....

the tt looks like it was a success i think you are going to be very happy at the results once all the swelling has gone down..........take care michelle

jacqu79

You look great in your pics. Well done on your loss!:)

Trinaweena

Hi Bambi,
You look amazing and I hope you are feeling much better and your recovery hasn't been too painful, I am fairly new on here and have posted a few threads on the plastic surgery forum regarding my own needs for a apronectomy, I suffer constant infections, ulcers etc inbetween my folds of skin caused by 3 casearian sections and a 5 stone weight lost.
I went to see my GP 2 weeks ago who instantly referred my o a NHS plastic consultant whom I saw yesterday (this only took 2weeks).I was so nervous due to the fasct of him not offering to help but to my amazement and total shock in the space of 3minutes decided that on 2 medical reasons he is going to recommend to mt Hull PCT that I have fundind for a total TT as my muscles have extremely been weakened due to pregnancy and the 3 caesarians, I didn't take it in at first and wish I had listened more instead of crying with relief, he said my GP has already applied to the PCT for funding and that he will do the same and once he hears ack then he will put me on his waiting list of only 3mths which I thought was very quick, but now I'm scarred he PCT won't fund it but surely if a GP and Plastis surgeon recommend this on health grounds, I would of thought the PCT would agree straight away but things don't turn out how you think and now I'm scared they won't fund it, have you any advice or thoughts???
many thanks ad take care
Katrina xx

BellyFlop

Well Done Katrina!

I think you have the TT in bag!:talk017::wow:

Gawd, I hope I can get an NHS TT....I have had two sections and my stomach is vile, plus the weightloss so far, it's even worse...all withered looking!:(:rolleyes:

Oh, well I will see what my GP can do for me, when my weight gets to target...if not I will have to find a way to go private!

Lisa xx

Trinaweena

Hi Lisa,
Many thanks for your reply which has lifted my spirits. I have been on the internet all day trying to find out things but every PCT is different I think bu if tey urn me down surely it would cost more money in the long run on 3 nurses appts each week for dressing and twice monthly GP appts and more expensive antibotics each month along with a swab taken each time. I pray and hope with everything crossed.It's going to be a long 4/6wks to find out their decision, does anyone know how I can find out when he monthly PCT meetings are?
Take care Lisa and you will have that TT done, don't lose heart and keep your chin up xx:D:D
Take care:)
Karina

BellyFlop

Hi Lisa,
Many thanks for your reply which has lifted my spirits. I have been on the internet all day trying to find out things but every PCT is different I think bu if tey urn me down surely it would cost more money in the long run on 3 nurses appts each week for dressing and twice monthly GP appts and more expensive antibotics each month along with a swab taken each time. I pray and hope with everything crossed.It's going to be a long 4/6wks to find out their decision, does anyone know how I can find out when he monthly PCT meetings are?
Take care Lisa and you will have that TT done, don't lose heart and keep your chin up xx:D:D
Take care:)
Karina

Katrina,

I think the fact you were so emotional will have also gone in your favour....the consultant will have known from that how desperate you are and also how relieved you must have been today....You are a definate for this TT, I don't think you would have gone this far so quickly if your GP didn't think it was totally necessary to you both physically and emotionally.

Just keep in mind that at christmas this year you will be a new woman full of confidence, and feeling fab inside and out!;)

It will happen, I promise you!:)

As for me, we will see! I don't suffer infections but I have to clean the ridge/overhang a lot, and in the heat it's really itchy!:mad:

sun

Agony Aunt
Be careful not to get complacent after your ops ladies, I had mine done on NHS at the Queen Marys London 12 years ago, due to childbirth then an abdominal operation where they cut through my muscle left me with an 'apron' tummy.

I ended up 3st overweight and did LL to lose again but the elasticity isnt there anymore.

Look after yourselves.

p.s your look great congratulations, pics bring back memories!, worst bit I remember post op was having the drains taken out teach side of the wound!

s

juliaoops

can i get a tummy tuck on nhs

hiya im 24yrs old and have 4 children and have recently lost 3 1/2 stone taking me to 10st 10 and afer having my 4th child tru c section have got a major overhang all my babies were big biggest been 9lb 14oz and it really starting to get me down i have been doing lots of excercise but nothing seems to tone my tummy up i have massive bingo wings and also my boobs have gone to nothing but i can cope with that its just my belly can be seen tru my clothes like a big bluge have been to docs and have to go back at 10 and half stone but cant help thinking they wont do it i cant afford to go private anyone got any good advice for me cheers .x

supersara2001

Sorry honey :( I don't have much advice, but if they say you should go back when you reach 10.5 and you can't afford to go private then methinks that's what you should do if thats the route you want to take. It won't do anything for your arms though.

Are you planning on having any more children? Because that might affect their decision. I saw a programme once where they effectively 'laced up' a woman's stomach muscles because they had been so weakened from giving birth it was the only thing to do, and it was like lacing up a corset around her middle using her muscles

TITANIC1912

Tummy Tuck on NHS

Hi, I would be interested to hear more info from bambi and her op with the nhs!!

Please get in touch

SarahSez

hiya im 24yrs old and have 4 children and have recently lost 3 1/2 stone taking me to 10st 10 and afer having my 4th child tru c section have got a major overhang all my babies were big biggest been 9lb 14oz and it really starting to get me down i have been doing lots of excercise but nothing seems to tone my tummy up i have massive bingo wings and also my boobs have gone to nothing but i can cope with that its just my belly can be seen tru my clothes like a big bluge have been to docs and have to go back at 10 and half stone but cant help thinking they wont do it i cant afford to go private anyone got any good advice for me cheers .x

It all depends on your PCT. I don't know about other areas but I had mine done on NHS but a tumy tuck is the only surgery they do for weight loss, so no full body lift or bingo wings or even boob lift and they don't do tha associated lipo with it either, but i'm happy with mine :D

tills

Hi there
I have just returned from the docs asking for help... I'm in serious need of a tummy tuck. I have lost 120lb 8.5 stone and it has taken me 3-4 years and have now maintain my weight of 10st 11 for a year now, and i'm struggling to loose any more. Which i think is down to the excess skin.
The Doc said that they dont and wont do it on the NHS, she did reluctantly refer me to the consultant but told me not to hold me breath.
I emphsised that I have done this by my own hard work, i have reduced my blood pressure (now low and healthly) my cholesterol and my weight.
What advice could anyone give, because after all this hard work... i'm worse looking that i was..:(

SarahSez

Hi there
I have just returned from the docs asking for help... I'm in serious need of a tummy tuck. I have lost 120lb 8.5 stone and it has taken me 3-4 years and have now maintain my weight of 10st 11 for a year now, and i'm struggling to loose any more. Which i think is down to the excess skin.
The Doc said that they dont and wont do it on the NHS, she did reluctantly refer me to the consultant but told me not to hold me breath.
I emphsised that I have done this by my own hard work, i have reduced my blood pressure (now low and healthly) my cholesterol and my weight.
What advice could anyone give, because after all this hard work... i'm worse looking that i was..:(

Hi Tills,

what do you live? have you searched your PCT's criteria on the net?

MysticEcho

Wow..... how fab !!! I'd love to have a tum like that..... I've had a triple hernia op (2 years ago).... and my stomach looks awful..... it's very loose and saggy - and I struggle to exercise.... they didn't touch the muscles, but they don't seem to do much !!! I'd love to have a tummy tuck on the N.H.S. But don't know how to go about it!

SarahSez

Wow..... how fab !!! I'd love to have a tum like that..... I've had a triple hernia op (2 years ago).... and my stomach looks awful..... it's very loose and saggy - and I struggle to exercise.... they didn't touch the muscles, but they don't seem to do much !!! I'd love to have a tummy tuck on the N.H.S. But don't know how to go about it!

Hi Mystic,

to start with you could look up your PCT criteria on the internet and then go and see your GP.

HTH
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.