• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recovering after Tummy Tuck on NHS

Status
Not open for further replies.
its usually your local county or large town or city. i.e. mine is Norfolk. If you live in Liverpool, (assumption due to your name) I would think you would come under Liverpool PCT. Your local surgery website would probably tell you which PCT you're under.

Then just search for (Name of PCT) criteria for abdominoplasty

HTH

Last edited:
Hi I'm new to all this and thought i would join as I'm having my TT on 3rd October.I'm a little nervous but very excited.I think your after pictures are amazing and can only hope mine turns out aswell.Hope your feeling ok.Thanx for your posts ,as they help others know what to expect.Take Care,Sam x

hi all, im new to all this, jus wanted to say well done 2 u all for all u av achieved. im 22 an have lost 6 stone, i was 18tone and am now 12 which is great, i also have 2 children so you can imagine the state my tummy is in. i have been trying 4 ages to get a tt on nhs and couldnt even get past my gp :( i got so fed up with every one telling me different things, no one seemed to knw the guide lines for my area so i decided to contact my local pct, they have a help line called pals and were really helpful. i found out that i do meet the criteria and i also managed to find a surgeon that was willing to take a look and seemed to think i have a very good chance. so after going back 2 my gp with all this info he had no choice but to referr me. i have got to go bak 2 gp this thursday to read the referral letter before he sends it off as this is the only chance i wil have with this surgeon so want to make sure the gp gets the letter rite !! i wil also get my appointment thursday for the surgeon which shud be december sumtime. fingers crossed he is willing to do it and i hope all goes well for every1 else, i wil let u all knw how i get on thursday xx

Hi and well done with your wonderful weight loss. How did you do it?

After reading the posts on here, I've realised what a wonderful doctor I have as he didn't hesitate to refer me and even dictated the letter whilst I was in the room, and asked me when he's finished if that was ok and was there anything else I wanted him to say!!!

Good luck with your appointement on Thursday. Let us know how you get on xx

hi, i had my appointment thursday to check over the referral letter and it went well. i got an appointment with the plastic surgeon for the 20th november, i cant wait, i jus hope he give me an ok. would you mind telling me the reasons your gp referred you, like wat he put in the letter, this would help me a bit xx

No problem.

He said I had treated me previously for depression and that he was worried for my wellbeing. He said I had worked hard and successfully lost the weight on my own by attending weekly diet and fitness classes. He also said that I wasn't a big user of NHS services (I very rarely visit the doctors so don't know if that helped or not). He stated I'd successfuly lost 7stone and had maintaned for a total of 2 years (it actually was less than 2 yrs and 15 months of that I was actually dieting for).

Think thats about it, it was nearly a year ago that I saw him, so if I do think of anything else I will let you know.

So pleased I went and I'm extremely grateful I have such a great GP.

thanks thats a great help. my gp did use depression but i also have difficulty with keeping the area clean, under the fold sweats alot so i have to clean it several times a day to avoid bad smells and sores. this is a big problem to me an also has a massive affect on my relationship with my husband. i get really embarrassed around him, now its only 4 an 1/2 weeks till my appointment with the surgeon and i am getting so nervous, i find myself looking at my body more which highlights the problem areas, i will be devestated if he says no and fear i will be left with even less confidence than i have now, i need to stop looking for faults with my body and remember how bad it was 6 stone heavier. have you got any b4 an after pics i cud see please x

hi, i had my appointment with the ps yesterday and thank god he said yes to do it on nhs. the only thing is he wants to do a fleur de lys tt an i knw nothin bout this type of tummy tuck was wonderin if you could help, i havin it done in 6-8 weeks x x

wow you are looking great already. were you given any guidance as to how long you have t wait before yu can drive and swim?? i have just got my date for july 4th xx

That looks amazing WOWWWWZZZA :D eeeh i hope when i go they do the same for me, most of my problem was pregnancy stomach, i had a 10 lb and a 10lb 3 baby and pollihydrominos so my stomach ballooned and resembles a let down balloon even worse now with the weight loss. I hate it, it slaps on my legs when i exercise etc, i am thrilled that there is some hope for people, i know like you say its a postcode lottery but i hope i win it haha :D good luck and i look forward to seeing ur amazing results welldone x

So sad to hear you cant get it, you deserve it too. This system is a lottery and depends on which county you live in as to wether they have funding for the operation. I am in Norfolk as was icemoose who also got the op on NHS. We are luck and it shouldnt be that way. The only thing i will add is that my GP was not very helpful at first and said he didnt think it was done on NHS and he didnt know who to refer me too, but that if i found out he would refer me. I personally think that was a load of rubbish, but i found out who the plastic surgeon in the area was, and then went back and said this is who does it so please refer me now. So dont be put off by G.P, but if no funding is the only reason, then you cant do anything accept move house, which is no solution and mad.

Hi, could you send me some details about who you consulted with as I intend to approach my GP once my weight stabilises and I'm based in Suffolk.

Never mind. I looked up the CCG policy and it isn't funded for east Suffolk. Post code lottery...

found out yesterday my funding has been approved by cheshire pct delighted but nervous at the same time can i ask how long you waited between funding being approved and surgery taking place? and your pics look amazing btw esp for so soon after surgery

hi all
i found out yesterday my funding has been approved by wirral/cheshire pct! i'm gobsmacked delighted and nervous all at the same time but was just wondering how long did you wait between funding being approved and surgery taking place?
your pics look amazing btw esp for so soon after surgery!
xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back