• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Finally 4th time lucky TT

lamornamiss

wants to be a loser
Well it finally happened I had my hernia repair and tummy tuck on Wednesday 4th April after 3 cancellations
For a while I did ask myself "what the hell have I done?" But its a means to an end and as Paul said the hernia really needed to be done.
I am surprised how little pain I have been in (much better than when I had my bypass which knocked the hell out of me for weeks), the nurses took the morphine off me in the first hour as it was effecting my breathing but I only felt some discomfort not pain so that's good.
Now the removal of the drains was a different matter all together the pain was awful and when I sneezed the whole hospital knew about it.
I just have a sharp stabbing pain on my left hand side where the drain was but it hurt there before the took the drain out But that's only when I move around in bed or I touch it.
I should be at the hospital on Tuesday for a dressing check but that could change due to the bank holiday.
The worst bit is not being able to get a shower and itching under my binder

Congratulations Wendy. I'm delighted for you. You had such a long wait between cancelations no wonder you thought it would never happen. Wishing you happy healing and a washboard tum
xx

Hey Wendy :) Soooo glad it FINALLY happened for you, hunni ... hope your niggles soon pass & you have a bikini bod :D xxx

So happy for you, rest up and take it easy

Yay!!! So happy for you. The drain bit made me nearly pass out though lol

So glad to hear you have had your TT at last. I didn't notice you posting any "pre TT" op threads this time (unless I have missed lots) -- perhaps you didn't want to jinx things this time, and just waited until it had happened to report back?

And, lo, it happened with no hitches this time !!!

Congratulations on getting your Tummy Tuck!! Hope all goes well for you now!! xx

So glad to hear you have had your TT at last. I didn't notice you posting any "pre TT" op threads this time (unless I have missed lots) -- perhaps you didn't want to jinx things this time, and just waited until it had happened to report back?

And, lo, it happened with no hitches this time !!!

Hi Sharon I did post some bits last November when my first op date was but after the second cancellation like you said I didn't post anything about it.
Even when I was walking to theatre I was waiting for the "Sorry its cancelled"
They had cancelled a few ops that day and I was the only one with an afternoon admission, I think someone must have seen the baseball bat in my suitcase and decided not to mess with me any more LOL

Congratulations & wishing you a smooth speedy recovery so glad it's finally been done for you. Must admit as I near my goal. & I look at the flabby bits I'm tempted to investigate the possibility of it all. I shall watch for your posts with interest to see whether I want to take the same path or not.

About bl**dy time! :D

So pleased to hear that you've finally had your op, after all the disappointments and waiting you deserve a quick and smooth recovery. Take care x

So glad you finally got your TT hun x

So pleased to hear you have finally had your op Wendy. Take it easy xx

I admire anyone who undergoes this type of op, I would be just too scared to.

Having a drain removed is one of the worst things I have endured, ouch, ouch! I had mine in for 5 days after my hysterectomy and I think my body had grown too attached to it - literally!

yay at last - congrats. I see wot u mean with the drain. When I had my gallbladder removed I had a drain in and that was worse then the pain after the op - so I sympathize with you . wishing you all the best and speedy recovery - Julie xx

Yeap me and that drain were very attached if you know what I mean and it didn't help that the first one was taken out verrryyyyy slowly by a young surgeon the nurse told him off and did the second one which didn't hurt as much

So pleased to hear you have finally had your op Wendy. Take it easy xx

I admire anyone who undergoes this type of op, I would be just too scared to.

Having a drain removed is one of the worst things I have endured, ouch, ouch! I had mine in for 5 days after my hysterectomy and I think my body had grown too attached to it - literally!

Believe me hun I thought about making a dash for it even when they were putting me under :D
You always remember any pain 2 seconds too late :eek: :rolleyes:

Yeap me and that drain were very attached if you know what I mean and it didn't help that the first one was taken out verrryyyyy slowly by a young surgeon the nurse told him off and did the second one which didn't hurt as much

Ouch!! you're making my eyes water just reading about it.

Hope you're feeling better as each day goes by :)

Back