• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

red meat, bread and rice... can you have them?

I can have toasted bread, no to pasta or rice or red meat. love white meat anyway so not an issue.

Hi

I am a bypasser so my experience is probably no good to a bander but just in case a bypasser finds this thread and wonders.

I am now 8 months post op and can only eat red meat if its been done in the slow cooker, so its super soft. I wouldn't even think about roast meat or a bit of steak, Bread I am ok with but it either has to be toasted or have beans on. It's odd that I can eat a burger but not the bread. Rice I have no issues with either savory or in a pudding.

But one thing to note is that everyone is different and you might find you are fine with everything or you might find that certain food groups are now a no no. This is why quite a high number of WLS patients eventually turn vegetarian.

Paul

Funnily enough Paul, I was practically veggie before my bypass, but thought I should try to eat some meat for the protein afterwards but just can't stomach it...not even after hours in the slow cooker. :)

I love my fruit / veggies, but some of those create more of a problem for me than meat tbh. LOL I don't think I could ever forgo my bacon :rolleyes:

Actually managed a tiny well toasted slice of Hovis Nible today yippppeeeeee

Back