• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Referral under the new scheme not pct

sav1990

Addicted to this site lol
Hi after a lot of confusing regarding my referral previous GP (same practise) she referred me to the More Life Program not the surgery I now have spoken to my own GP who is going to be applying for funding this week....Does anyone know (guideline really) how long it will be before my gp hears back from them and if anyone been referred and got the funding first time would love to hear your experiences....the long dreaded wait as STARTED....I am now going to be a nervous wreck till then and got my boxing gloves out ready for the fight (just in case) lol... I come under the South Essex NHS

I understood now that theGP's have the pot of money and purchase services, it's their board that decide if they'll fund the procedure, then they 'pay' the hospital. The procedure hasn't changed really, just the people making the decision. But I may be wrong.

Oh I see thanks. I told my GP that unless I get the funding my only other option is to go private in which case I can't afford it in this country and would have to seek help abroad ie. Czechoslovakia and my only concern is that I will be in a foreign country without knowing the language and I will be more at the mercy of the gods there than in this country. But I financially cannot do it any other way and that I am willing to wait and go through whatever procedures they want me to do to stand a chance of getting it on the nhs. I have already been referred to the more life program and for that I need to go every week for 20 weeks 45 miles each way to be on the program so he knows I am willing able,determined to do whatever it takes so am hoping that they see their way to giving me the funding :)

Hi, I went to my GP on the 19th October 2011 and revived a letter on the 2nd of November telling the NHS wold fund the op. I then had my first appointment wit the surgeon on the 8th December and it went from there, I endless amounts of tests done at the hospital then went back to the surgeon on the 25th may but I had put weight on so they gave me 3 months to prove I could lose the weight. I then went back 7th September and was put on the waiting list. It took till march 2013 to get a date that then got cancelled and I got another appointment for 10th April 2013 when I had my gastric bypass, open surgery cos I was heavy the most and carried mayor my weight around m middle they said it was for the best.

a lot of areas want you to attened there weight management courses first so def worth getting on with that while your sorting and good luck

HI. This programme takes the place of the tier 3 programme. It involves psychological evaluations, weight loss support, dietician referral and general information regarding life after surgery. Once you have met their requirement which usually includes weight loss and some other factors they will let your GP know that you have or have not met the eligibility. I found them extremely supportive and kind. In Derbyshire, the officer would come to my home, happily.

Once referred back to your GP, the GP will request your acceptance for funding. I found that once referred by the GP it took approximately 3 months before receiving an op date. Hope this helps.

Hello

After the changes and the new system is been three weeks from docs appointment till yesterday when I was told I had funding..

jo

Back