• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Referral waiting time

JEVF

Hi all,

I have been referred to Mr Sgromo and his team for a bypass. The referral went from my GP in mid Nov and my Bariatric consultant in Cambs told me it would be about 18 weeks. Is that to first appointment?

Now the funding has arrived and the decision made, I guess I would like to start my journey as life is on hold a bit.. Hard to plan 2014 at the moment.

Anyone else had experiences of Mr Sgromo and his team.. Any thoughts would be hugely appreciated.

Hey,

I'm not sure what PCT you are under, but each seems to be different with waiting times.

My GP referred me to the Bariatric Team, month later I had a group session, blood tests and heart tracking.

I now am awaiting a pre-assessment appointment and meet the Surgeon on 4th Feb... No idea, what happens then, but a nurse told me from 23rd Dec (group session) it can take around 4-5 months for an operation date.

Although you may be asked to attend weight clinics etc. which will add to your waiting time, all clinics and NHS PCT's are different.

Good luck xx :)

They are all very different...some wait what seems like forever and some seem to get it very quick....but good luck.

X

Back