• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Referral Update-North East

Blondie43

The story so far...went to my GP's on the 17th April about some other medical problems (weight related) and whilst I was there asked for some support to kick start yet another diet. The GP said had I ever thought about WL surgery? Totally didn't expect that, but said yes straight away. The GP sent me for blood tests and said she would send the referral straight away. I think there was a slight delay due to a repeat blood test, but yes it had been sent. I was told by the secretary that the hospital would contact me directly. So it comes to July and I'd still heard nothing, as I was at the Doc's this week if thought I'd ask her directly if she knew what was happening, she was lovely and said she would chase it up. I received a phone call yesterday from the secretary saying that at the moment North Tees were not excepting referrals from Hartlepool-apparently they had sent the surgery a letter saying this, but no one at the surgery has seen it and if I hadn't asked for things to be chased up they wouldn't have known this was the case! I then had to make a decision to see if they were going to accept referrals, but there was no time scale on this and no certainty that they even would. In the end I decided to go for the option of being referred to Sunderland. The secretary did ring me again though to say that she had faxed the referral over, so I guess it's wait and see!

Back