• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Home from 1st doctor visit

vicky_notts

Well today was the day I went to ask for a referral. My doctor was surprisingly nice and agreed that I meet all of the criteria but 1.... Proving recent dieting via the doctor. So I'm back on the 11th to see the nurse to start a diet plan and also orlistat. Normally she said this would be 6months but she said to come back in 3 months and she will refer me then. Part of me knew she would say this but I was hoping I was a rare case were I got referred straight away lol. Anyway from now and the 11th I've got to write down my normal daily menu to show the nurse. She's apparently going to take blood too but can't remember why??
I just know 3 months is going to take FOREVER to come. And then it's waiting to hear back from being referred :0( why didn't I do this2 years ago :0(

Can't you do the diet bit while you're on the waiting list?

Apparently not. She said if she sent it off now it would be returned. She did say ill be on weight management too once I'm referred at the hospital.

well the pill might work and you may lose all the weight you want to lose - I know people that it has worked for - if not at least you are on your way to being referred! I am sure it will be here before you know it!

Vicky, as you are in Notts I think you'll become one of us Derby-ites. Mr Ahmed and his team are lovely (dieticians are sweet and one if the anaesthetists, can't remember his name, is hilarious. When I came out if his room the whole waiting area stared as we'd been laughing so much!!

Try and keep yourself occupied to help the 3 months fly. There will be some weight once you're on the list so get in practice.

So glad the GP was understanding xx

good luck with your wl journey, i lost 6 1/2 stone on them im sure 3 months will fly for you

Hi Vicky I have tried the orlistat twice, hope it works for you. My Gp tells me I meet the first lot of criteria and I get my blood results on the 4/7/13. If all is well I am being referred.

Can I ask what they testing for with bloods as I never asked when she said they will do bloods next time. What's the pills like? I've heard it can be messy? X

If you are going to eat something you shouldn't make sure you are near the loo. ..... ........if u stick to a healthy diet its fine

Can I ask what they testing for with bloods as I never asked when she said they will do bloods next time. What's the pills like? I've heard it can be messy? X

Hiya Vicky ... Your on your way now, it does fly by hunny. I had my bloods done to at my first appointment when I asked for a referral just to check my thyroid, for diabetes and a whole lot of other stuff I guessed its just to make sure they have checked for illness that can hinder weight loss or surgery. My results show I had a vitamin D3 deficiency which is common for obese people and that I had a fatty liver which is curable thru a healthy diet. Orlistat is great if you can stick to low fat food... Otherwise make sure your near a loo or carrying spare clothes and prepare for terrible cramps and stock up on ultra soft loo roll. I'm on them at the minute and trying to shift as much as I can during my long wait. Just think your now one step closer ") x

Back