• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Referral

Well, I've just spoken to my Dr, after receiving my exit letter in December and he is going to refer me for surgery! Is this now set in stone, or are there more hoops to jump? I've also got gallstones and have to have my gallbladder out. Does anybody know if your gallbladder is routinely taken out during WLS or will I need two ops? Sorry for all the questions but if anyone can help, I'll be very grateful.

Hi Sorry I cant help you much as I'm in the same position as you and need my gallbladder out. My journey started last May and I have done the referral, met with my surgeon, seminar and had the dietitian psychological assessment yesterday. I am waiting to see my surgeon again next Friday and if I get any answers ( I am hoping so ) I will keep you posted. In the mean time like you I would be interested in anyone else's experiences.

Last edited:
Hi Sorry I cant help you much as I'm in the same position as you and need my gallbladder out. My journey started last May and I have done the referral, met with my surgeon, seminar and had the dietitian psychological assessment yesterday. I am waiting to see my surgeon again next Friday and if I get any answers ( I am hoping so ) I will keep you posted. In the mean time like you I would be interested in anyone else's experiences.

Thank you so much for replying. I completed Tier 3 in December and my Dr referred me to Tier 4 last week. He doesn't know the answer either, so fingers are crossed for you on Friday. Good luck.

Back