• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Regains

encore

I'm interested if anyone was warned by their surgeon about regains and how much is considered to be normal or acceptable. I lost 100% of my excess but have slowly regained 9lb that won't budge. I know it's not a lot but I can't get my head around the regain when my eating hasn't change much. My surgeon said this is normal. My sister in law had a bypass and she also regained a stone although she is still slim.

It's most likely to be your body's way of deciding on a weight it can function at whilst remaining healthy.

I was never told of it.
However i fluctuate between 11 stone and 11 stone 6, but i think its normal, most peoples weight will change from month to month

.x.

Its for this exact reason that I would like to lose maybe half a stone more than I planned on as I have heard a few times that up to a stone is a normal amount of weight to regain once your active weight loss stops.
Steph xx

I would say it is perfectly normal and its your body's way of finding out the perfect weight for you. I would hate to struggle to keep my weight at say 9.5 stone when I could be comfortable at 10.5 stone. I think we have been through alot so I want to be able to enjoy life and food without worrying about calories and putting on weight.

You have done really well so enjoy your life.

Back