• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Regrets????

GeMzY

Only had my sleeve 3 weeks & already I'm wondering if I have made the right decision??

My weight hasn't moved in over a week :cry: what am I doing wrong?

I have my 4 week check at the hospital next week, I fear I will have quite a few questions for them :confused:

Only had my sleeve 3 weeks & already I'm wondering if I have made the right decision??

My weight hasn't moved in over a week :cry: what am I doing wrong?

I have my 4 week check at the hospital next week, I fear I will have quite a few questions for them :confused:

Hi Gemzy, you're not doing anything wrong at all, you've just hit the dreaded 3 week stall. If you Google it you'll find hundreds of posts from others who have been in the same position. I'm only 6 weeks post op and have just had my second stall which has finally moved after a week.

I am used to failing at diets so the negative self doubt has been running on overtime but I've just had to remind myself this isn't a diet it's major surgery and my body needs to recover and get used to it's new tiny tummy. If you think about it rationally, and look at what you're eating now compared to before there is no way you've stopped losing or will put on weight at the 3 week mark.

I know it's tough but keep going, maybe see if you're up for a long walk or a swim, throw in some extra protein if you can and keep your fluids up especially in the heat.

You can do it, remember 3 weeks is nothing you have the rest of your new life to look forward to and the scales will move again shortly.

Big hugs, Stacey X

Hi Gem,

I too stalled and wondered if it would ever end!! And it did :) down about 5lbs this week so far!

Everything is still adjusting, stay positive hun xx

Only had my sleeve 3 weeks & already I'm wondering if I have made the right decision?? My weight hasn't moved in over a week :cry: what am I doing wrong? I have my 4 week check at the hospital next week, I fear I will have quite a few questions for them :confused:

My weight loss has been very slow since my bypass - I'd lost 3.5 stone prior to op so thought maybe that was why. 6 month after bypass and only 4 stone since by pass. But if I look at the huge 7.5stone difference and know I could never have achieved this without my special tool. I don't dump and can eat good amounts and im partial to a wine or 2 so I know I'll always have to be careful, but if I'd lost even 2 stone with weight watchers or similar is have definitely lost interest and put it all on again, positive thinking Hun you'll get there :)

Hi

You really are not alone in this.

I reckon if the Family Fortunes assessors did a poll of 100 people who had had weight loss surgery in the last 6 weeks about their biggest worry, number 1 on the list and earning the contestant some amazingly fab prize would be cessation of weight loss.

Combined with the drop of adrenaline after having all the build up to surgery and then the euphoria at a quick initial weight loss, this 'stoppage' can be a real blow.

Please don't worry - it WILL restart again. Likewise you may well have many more 'stalls' during your journey. They do get easier to deal with xx

I'm also just under 3 weeks post op and have't lost anything for the last 7 days. I moved on to purée a few days ago and managing more than I expected but never having more than 800 cals a day so at some point I'm confident the weight loss will start again. I've last 13 lbs in the last
5 weeks which isn't massive but if I lose a stone a month I'd be delighted! my only disappointment is that I am still interested in food and do feel hungry., hoping that'll go away. don't get dis heartened tho, it's not a race and if like me you're a slow loser you'll save on the loose skin x

Not only have I stalled at day 9, but I went up 2lbs!! I'm not worried - there is no way in heck I'm putting on weight - I'm only eating 500 cals! It will pass. I've put my scales in the cupboard for a couple of weeks.

Back