• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Have I made the right decision??

Katkit1

Not going anywhere!
Maybe now is not the right time for you; only you know that despite what your family advise.

You do need to be as physically (with our extra weight) and also mentally able to cope with the challenges ahead with a gastric band.....there will be times when we have the surgery that things will not go as planned, however hard people try. As everyone has different metabolisms and different amounts to lose also we are human and sometimes give in to temptation; then guilt trip ourselves; similar in some ways how we dealt with our weight before the band surgery............but one advantage is the band will help you to get back on track very quickly and take up where you left off and before you know it you`re on the winning team.

The band itself will work for you when you decide to go ahead.

I am less than a week post op and the surgery itself was fine. A little discomfort and bruising for a few days; but the hospital prescribes pain killers to help you deal with this. I know things wont be perfect in the weeks and months ahead. Quite often from what I can gather its 2 steps forward 1 step back.

But its a case of me sticking in there, try to do as my dietician tells me and go to all my follow up appointments.

I have already heard yesterday that I will be having my first fill in 6 weeks time, so something to look forward to as this will also help with my weight loss.

I know Gurlygirl that this is one of the most difficult decisions that you make; but take a backwards step and say to yourself where do I see myself in one years time. Will I still be full of doubt and indecision or will I have the courage to overcome family and other fears to go through with it to make a better healthier and slimmer future for me. Only you know the answer and whether you decide now or in the months ahead you know it will be right for you.

Take care sweetheart and try not to be down. You know we are all rooting for you and offer you endless help and support. And if you want a friend I am here for you.

Love and hugs x Kat x

BlueDiamond

Hiya

Please dont feel like a failure (coz ur not) If u unsure about the op and thats the reason u cancelled then....you did the right thing. Perhaps if the family was a little more supportive you may have felt differently.....Btw why aint they supportive??? Surely they would want you healthier and not at risk of obesity related issues??? Well I would have thought so - Have a real good think and focus on what YOU want not wot THEY want - As Kelly sed its about YOU not THEM

Good Luck - Julie xx

lisa x

is very happy!
I dont think I cannot add much more than the others have already said....
i will add my mum doesn't want me to do this..but told me...you have to do what you want to do..and "I" want to do this..!!
There must be a reason why you hubby is giving you the silent treatment...???
My personal opinion is..you need only one person to support you..you hubby ..the rest can go whistle...
as some one else said..maybe its not your time hun...its an awful lot to get your head around...
I wish you luck in what ever you chose to do hun x x x

JOWOOD4

I went through a very similar experience to you. I booked my band for April 2009 and cancelled because I was ill. I rebooked in July and cancelled because my husband lost his job. Really I cancelled because I was scared. Scared I would die, scared I wouldn't be able to eat, scared I would lose food which has been my best friend forever and scared my family wouldn't support me if it went wrong and say I told you so.
I then booked again in June 2010 and it took all of my will power to get me to the hospital. I even posted on here an hour before I went and I was considering cancelleing again.
The outcome - well I am four stones lighter and my outlook on life has changed altogether. I had not had any problems (I know I may well by lucky) and it has literally canged my life. I can walk, shop and eat like a NORMAL person. No-one can make your decision for you and it would be wrong if they did because you have to do the hard work of living with the band.
Think about it carefully and remember the band is working really well for a lot of people who wouldn't change their decision for the world - me included.
Good luck with your choice
JO XX

Fat Again

Im the queen of getting cold feet - you won't believe what I have pulled out of at the very last minute.

It don't make you failure but I know you can't help feeling that way. Any kind of surgery is really scary and sometimes nerves do get the better of us.

Just look at it this way - it just wasn't your time. You'll know it when your ready for this kinda thing, nothing will stop you and nothing will change your mind.

xx

sugga

Sorry you are going through this testing time. The advise given is brilliant so that just remains for me to say, only you can decide when the time is right for you lovey. You will make the right decision one day whether that be sooner or later.

My daughter isnt 100 per cent over joyed with me having wls, but its my life and my decision and i for one cant wait. Good Luck with your decision and try to keep focused. xxxx

GuRlyGiRL

Live Laugh Love
Fat Again, I saw Mr El-Hasani on Friday night, what a lovely man !! He even put his arm around me which I was really shocked because I was expeciting a dragon !! He loved saying "any questions" any questions hahaha. I cant thank you all enough for your support. I have been so down this weekend. My family think I can do this by myself and that I dont need a band. As time is going by I am thinking that "I WANT THIS" and I dont care what anyone else thinks. But deep down I am scared :(