• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Reintroduction

suepat10

I'm not strictly new but I know there will have been a lot of changes since I was here last!

Last summer I was living in East Sussex and had been accepted for a bariatric bypass at The Whittington but before having completed all the preliminaries we had to move to Lincolnshire. The train fares to London were too much for me to afford so I had to abandon that.

I've been struggling with my weight and getting more depressed ever since. I had to go to the hospital today about something else and when they weighed me I was EITHER 137 or 147 kilograms which makes my BMI 48.5 or 52.4.

I think the criteria here is 45-49 with comorbidities (which I don't have) or 50+ without. They want to see you having had 6 months recent diet advice type stuff - I'v been seeing the practice nurse under a diet scheme since October/November BUT there was a break of a month and a half in there but the beginning and end date fit! I can also show regular attendance at diet clubs prior to that.

I am going to try to get in and see the nurse tomorrow and see a) what I weigh and b) if my original files still count so therefore keeping that start date.

If I am over the 50BMI then I will see the doctor later in the week and ask him to refer me. If not then I think I'm going to have to eat loads! It's terrible but I can't get the weight off :cry:

Hi, I'm also from Lincolnshire and was declined funding as BMI only43.5. GP tried, sent me to Boston to sleep/apnoea clinic. Decided after a year to self fund, for my own sanity as wel as health. Your previous GP will have forwarded your docs so you can evidence any referrals medication related to diet. Keep up the pressure you will get there eventually.

Welcome back, Sue.

As mentioned on your other (older) thread I had been following your journey with the Whittington as you were a few months ahead of me when I joined the forum and I was very interested to read.

Hope it works out for you eventually in Lincolnshire, even if you have to eat all the pies to reach BMI above 50 !!

Not that I would suggest cheating at all, but it wouldn't hurt to not stand tall, and to drink as much water as you can get down you before the weigh-in. Don't go to the loo. And lots of change in your pockets wouldn't hurt either. Fingers crossed for a 50+ BMI.

Thank you ladies

Good luck in a couple of weeks Vonone and hello again Sharonimo.

xx

Thank you Future Perfect. I have some loose fitting boots and a couple of cardis with deep pockets. I think stones may make less noise than coins :-D

hi sue and welcome back i hope you get some joy this time i agree go for stones and change what the hell, but hopefully you wont need them good luck hunny. xxxxx

Thank you Future Perfect. I have some loose fitting boots and a couple of cardis with deep pockets. I think stones may make less noise than coins :-D

I'd only wear the boots if there was no chance my height was being measured, as they'd have to be removed anyway.

Loving the suggestions. Right, I have cargo trousers with 8 pockets and a driveway covered in stones so half way there :-D

Hi Paula

I believe that they refer to Derby but there is a new clinic inBoston that mentions bariatric surgery

Back