• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi

tink1974

Hi, I am new to this site and just wanted to introduce myself.

I live in N.Ireland where we dont have any WLS carried out. But I was very lucky that my GP knew of a contract that the health service here had with Vitaclinics and was referred in Nov 09.

I saw the bariatric nurse and dietician in Jan 10 who assessed me to see if i was a suitable candidate. I then saw the psychiatrist to assess me too. I had to get sleep apnoea tests and barium swallow tests. These were all completed back in April 10 and I have been on the waiting list since then.

I have rang a few times to see if there had been any updates on the ops but up until a few weeks ago only 13 out of 75 planned ops had been done. I called again on Tuesday afternoon and was told that some ops dates had been released but that they had all been allocated and that it would be well into the new year before I would get my op.

To my surprise on Wed evening I got a call asking me if I would like to get my op on 9th Dec as someone had cancelled. I couldnt say quick enough!!

So, Birmingham - Heartlands here I come, 3 weeks today till my op. I am away in Manchester this weekend at a concert and when I get home I will be starting my pre-op diet .

Still haven't come down to earth yet!

Firstly hi and :welcome: to WLS, secondly............woohoooooo congrats on getting a date for your op :D 3 weeks is nothing, it will fly by :D What a lovely christmas pressie!! Good Luck XX

Hello and welcome, good to hear your news :)

thanx

thanx everyone. i really cant wait till i get my op. flying over to birmingham on 8th for op on 9th. just waiting on my flight confirmations and then i will know that it definitely is happening
:grouphugg:

Back