• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Rememberance Week on BBC1

slimmerkay

Has anyone else been watching this this week?

I've been in tears everyday. And I was sat here this morning thinking "Oh god do I have to get up and go to the gym." And then I see that programme about our serving troops past and present and going to the gym is nothing is it?

It makes me cry too... so many sad stories and when I see the state of our country at times... I wonder about it even more... all hero's and if they hadn't given our lives... we wouldn't have what we have today..

Remembered with pride... all those who have and still are serving our country xxx

no its not sweets, makes you feel very humbled..... and proud........ xx

Our hero's and they deserve the best and more...

xxx

absolulty and unfortunatly they dont get everything they need, my hubbi bought numerious item sof kit before he went away, makes me sick and mad x

Our government should get their priorities right... it's a thankless job at times... I feel for anyone connected with our military... but I am so proud of each and everyone... so many lost over wars and we should never forget. xxx

Its really sad hearing of the families who have lost loved ones. Theres a pub near me with a massive picture on the side of their son who was 21 (he looks about 16!) in his uniform. He was killed in Iraq, he looks so young! It really brought it home to me and every time we drive past it I get choked up. I think its disgraceful that our troops have to buy any kit, the job they do for us! Everything they need should be provided and Bevs right, the govt need to get their priorities right! They are all heros to me and I have the greatest respect for them, past and present. XX

There was a guy on TV yesterday that has lost both legs and an arm. He's only young - 30 maybe. And he was saying he is lucky and he has a great life.

What an inspiration he is!

They are brave... I used to see Simon Weston out an about in town after his plastic surgery... he was unbelievable... courage and dignity... and for what... they are not afforded the appreciation that they deserve... xxx

We saw Simon Weston in Blackpool a few months ago. They have opened a shop there for raising money for veterans and they have a big display, photos etc. from WW1 and WW2, really interesting and funny. Whilst we were in there he was there and I said Hello and he was lovely....such a nice man and so brave, I remember seeing the documentary about him and all the horrible painful treatment he had and it make me cry like a baby. Hes a real hero :D XX

Back