• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Reminding Yourself To Eat...?

SleeveGirl

Hi All :)

Quick question for all you post op-ers out there... Do you have to remind yourself to eat?

I keep forgetting to eat as I am not physically hungry - not complaining though, just wondered if it is normal?

xxx

I just eat because its a meal time. I rarely feel hunger. I only forget if I'm mega busy/occupied.

I have to remind myself to eat all the time. Since my bypass I look at food in a completely different way. Food for me now is fuel to keep my body healthy. That's why I always stick to the rules and try and make the best food choices I can:)

I have a reminder on my phone, I have no interest in food and eating - only 8 weeks post bypass tho x

Thanks girls - glad I am not the only one :) xx

@Victoria - I keep forgetting to eat when I'm busy at work.

@Paula - I now look at food in a different way too, my view on food has totally changed. The only thing I can honestly say I miss about my previous relationship with food is the social aspect.

@Rudders - I'm nearly 11 weeks post op now. How are you getting on?

I have to remind myself too. I'm not hungry, but I do have "head-hunger" at times.

What do you mean you miss the social aspect of food, hun? xx

I have to remind myself too. I'm not hungry, but I do have "head-hunger" at times.

What do you mean you miss the social aspect of food, hun? xx

Hi Sashie, how are you doing with the bypass?

Every weekend my family are going out for meals and obviously before the surgery I used to join in. Also, me and the hubby used to go out if someone was looking after our little one. However, right now I'm still not comfortable going out and eating a tiny bit of food as my portions are so so so small (I have been to a restaurant once since the op). So that is the only part of food I really miss. xx

I'm doing good thanks. Best thing I did! Xx

That's a shame you can't go out. My portions are very small too and if I am going out with people I have a starter as a main course. Sometimes I can't even finish that! I am living as normal as I can, I go out for dinner a lot! Keep trying, try and make your life as normal as you can or it will take over you! You will soon learn what you can tolerate when you are out. Hope you are well xx

I'm doing good thanks. Best thing I did! Xx

That's a shame you can't go out. My portions are very small too and if I am going out with people I have a starter as a main course. Sometimes I can't even finish that! I am living as normal as I can, I go out for dinner a lot! Keep trying, try and make your life as normal as you can or it will take over you! You will soon learn what you can tolerate when you are out. Hope you are well xx

Thank you hun. Not many people know I have had the surgery - so that makes it a little more difficult to explain the small portions xx

Thank you hun. Not many people know I have had the surgery - so that makes it a little more difficult to explain the small portions xx

I'm the same, not many people know so because they notice I am losing weight I tell them I an seeing a dietician who has advised to eat smaller portions. It's worked so far. Many people are too focused on their own dinner they don't really notice what I'm doing! Mind you, I am off to Italy to see family at the end if the month. They have no idea but I know they will pile my plate! Lol I will deal with that when it happens. Xx

That's a really good thing to say - I may have to steal that from you :)

Have a lovely time in Italy :) My Dad has been on a cruise around the Mediterranean for the last 2 weeks and he said Italy was his favourite by far :) and very hot too :)

I've started setting a reminder on my phone too, after I went from 7am to 5pm at work with only half a Slimfast inside me and then wondered why I felt weak and giddy at the end of the afternoon! Not at all hungry, just light headed.

I know what you mean about the social aspect - I've been avoiding restaurants too (am 8 weeks PS) and am instead suggesting "let's meet for coffee" or "let's just have a drink" in response to a raft of social invitations. When it will get hard for me is when I'm away for work during the autumn when assorted colleagues in overseas offices will want to take me out. We had a call to plan the trip earlier today and I could feel myself panicking at the thought of all those restaurant trips! I've had two eating out trips so far; managed a third of a starter on one of them and threw up my fish pie at the other, so not an unqualified success, LOL.

I've started setting a reminder on my phone too, after I went from 7am to 5pm at work with only half a Slimfast inside me and then wondered why I felt weak and giddy at the end of the afternoon! Not at all hungry, just light headed.

I know what you mean about the social aspect - I've been avoiding restaurants too (am 8 weeks PS) and am instead suggesting "let's meet for coffee" or "let's just have a drink" in response to a raft of social invitations. When it will get hard for me is when I'm away for work during the autumn when assorted colleagues in overseas offices will want to take me out. We had a call to plan the trip earlier today and I could feel myself panicking at the thought of all those restaurant trips! I've had two eating out trips so far; managed a third of a starter on one of them and threw up my fish pie at the other, so not an unqualified success, LOL.

Bless ya - it's all a learning curve! I've only been sick 3 times since the op but that feeling is awful!

Hope your trip goes ok. By then you will be more experienced :)

Thanks girls - glad I am not the only one :) xx

@Victoria - I keep forgetting to eat when I'm busy at work.

@Paula - I now look at food in a different way too, my view on food has totally changed. The only thing I can honestly say I miss about my previous relationship with food is the social aspect.

@Rudders - I'm nearly 11 weeks post op now. How are you getting on?

I'm doing really well thank you, been to see my team today and they're really pleased.
Haven't been sick yet (touch wood) just struggling with constipation :0(
How's it going with you?

I'm doing really well thank you, been to see my team today and they're really pleased.
Haven't been sick yet (touch wood) just struggling with constipation :0(
How's it going with you?

Glad you're doing well Hun :)

I'm ok thank you, my team are pleased and I can't wait to loose the next 2 stone :) xx

Further to previous posts I too have to remind myself to eat but I do suffer from 'had-hunger' - I long to eat a curry and have a big glass of wine!
Also I also miss the social aspect of food/drink so haven't been out socially since my op.
However I love my sleeve!!

I'm beginning to wonder if there is something wrong with me! I've been fine in restaurants and have been eating out from 8 weeks post op. I've found it very easy. I'm trying to make life as normal as possible and if I couldn't go out to eat I think I would cry! Maybe there is something wrong with my sleeve-pass! :/

I'm beginning to wonder if there is something wrong with me! I've been fine in restaurants and have been eating out from 8 weeks post op. I've found it very easy. I'm trying to make life as normal as possible and if I couldn't go out to eat I think I would cry! Maybe there is something wrong with my sleeve-pass! :/

Nothing wrong - some of us just take the easy train.

Back