• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why am I able to eat so much?? Worried.com!

Sashie1977

Hi everyone. I am 8 weeks post op. I have just managed to eat a whole sandwich. It has taken me an hour, but I managed to eat the whole thing. Is this normal?? I am slightly worried that my restriction isn't great although there have been many times where I have been sick. I am slightly confused and worried!

Thank you x

Last edited:
I have just managed to eat a whole sandwich. It has taken me an hour, but I managed to eat the whole thing.

RULE NO.1: stop eating after 20 minutes (my dietician at the Whittington Hospital is very clear about this)

At 8 weeks post op I could only eat between 1/2 and 3/4 of a sandwich (depending on thickness).

Now 7 months post op I can just about eat one whole sandwich (if not too thick).

But *never* eat beyond 20 mins

Thems the rules. :D :D :D

If you spread food over an hour / 2 hours you are basically "grazing" and will be able to eat more than the sleeve / pouch / new stomach was designed to eat in one sitting. :p

Thanks, I was never told that. I was just told to eat slowly! lol I will do the 20 min rule from now on. xx

Back