• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Remote Control Gastric Band

KD

To tighten the band, the doctor presses a button on the remote, sending an electronic signal to the motor. Ordinary bands can be tightened, but only by injecting fluid to inflate the band, which carries a risk of infection.

Bit of a shame really:( I was hoping that you could just point the remote control at your head and it would shrink your stomach.

Wouldn't that be better. You could loosen it if you had a special meal out, so that you could eat more, and tighten it on other days. How fab would that be :D

Anyway. Story here
Woman lost 9 stone by using remote control gastric band - Mirror.co.uk

I'm just watching the story now on This Morning on ITV1 :eek:

I am about to have the "other" band fitted and asked about the remote gastric band. The surgeon told me that although it works now, they do not have any history/statistics to support how well it works compared to the injected band where they were doing this operation from the 1960's.
I fancied having the remote controlled one, as I dont like the thought of having needles stuck into my stomach for altering the band, but after thinking seriously about it, this is the option that I went with.

Back