• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Removing the dressing

Dimples70

How long was it before you removed the dressing ? -I can feel a scab underneath and it's starting to itch. A bit nervous about taking it off in case I knock the scab off prematurely !!

I had my first dressings changed by nurse at gp's surgery and then like urs once they started to itch I knew they was on the mend. The air will do them good as long as they all closed etc - I am not sure when your surgery was but becareful not to get them wet within the first 10 days or so - Wishing you all the best BD xx

I was glued, and it's driving me crazy..... Soooooo itchy would love to scratch it!! Xx
So if you itchy and feel a scab it my be glue under the dressing??.
I was told 3 - 5 days before getting wet ect xxx

I didn't have dressings! Mr Super just glued me up!

Same here :) altho it was hard not to peel off the glue LOL reminded me at school with PVA glue which we used to paint on our fingers just so we could peel it LOL

I was glued, and it's driving me crazy..... Soooooo itchy would love to scratch it!! Xx
So if you itchy and feel a scab it my be glue under the dressing??.
I was told 3 - 5 days before getting wet ect xxx

I had glue too, and was able to fully shower the evening of my op :) so strange how different places/providers give such differing info.

Thanks ladies - I managed to have a shower by covering my stomach with cling film - I had to beg my husband NOT to take a photo lol xxx - I think I'm going to give it another couple of days before I remove the dressing c

I had glue too, and was able to fully shower the evening of my op :) so strange how different places/providers give such differing info.

Oh I might have a full on shower and wash my hair tonight.... Thanks

They said I could only sprinkle water over it in a light shower 3-5 days post op.

I didn't have a very good experience with mine.

I was glued and the surgeons advice was to remove dressings 2 days later.

Luckily my friend is a nurse so I asked her to check them. The large port incision was wide open the glue had come apart!! She had to steri strip it and recover it. She then told me to leave it dry which I did for about a week.

My port line is still not good, the end of it hasn't healed and she packed it yesterday and will check it again tomorrow.

Just take care with them and if in doubt pop to your GP, they should check them I think x

Hello I had mined glued but I did have two dressing on two of my scars I was told not to remove them for 4 days :-( which I didn't
Hope this helps a little
Lisa x

I had waterproof dressings with steri strips underneath. I was told to shower everyday and remove the dressings 5 days later. I could tell one was not ready so I left it a few.extra days.
Unfortunately when I removed it and the steri strips came off it iwas wide open and pussing!
Ive been on a course of antibiotics and it is still open and a little infected! Not very nice as I'm dying to sleep on my front! :-(

I had a shower in the morning after my op and everyday since! Didn't pick though even though I really really wanted to..!

i had no dressings just superglue on mine, and that lasted about 3 weeks and then just peeled off and the scars underneath were really small and neat..

I changed my dressing after my first shower at around day 3 onwards and then the dressing came off once staples were removed

I was glued too! Didn't shower for 48 hours and then just lightly, not soaking the glue. It did itch like mad and very hard not to pick off, but all healed nicely thank goodness!
xx

Mine were waterproof so I was allowed to shower etc with them on. I could take them off after 5 days xxx

Back