• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Reoccuring cystitis

Alia

Any ideas on this would be really appreciated.

I've only ever suffered with cystitis once in my life till I had my gastric bypass and for some reason I'm having a real battle with it. I've had one course of anti biotics from my gp and I thought that would be the end of it but its never really gone away. Strange thing is that its not like true cystitis where you are suffering all day and all night. I can be fine half the day then suddenly with out notice need to go to the loo then and there and hardly pass anything.. can't be no hanging around either as I just can't hold it... embarresed to say I've had a few accidents. I had thought it might be related to my water intake, thought that days where I did n't take in enough water were days that I was suffering but today blew that apart as I've had a good intake of water but today has been a particularly bad day. Its really starting to get to me. People have talked about drinking cranberry juice in large quantities till it passes but I'm worried about the sugar in it and the calories it contains so have n't really gone for that yet although I'm told it really does help. Has any one else suffered like this or am I just the odd one out LOL

Hi
You can get diet cranberry juice or dilute it.
I would phone your gp again as you may need stronger antibiotics.
How awful for you though hope that it gets better x

Are you stressed or worrying about anything at the moment Alia? The bladder lining can become irritated when a person is anxious leading to a kind of pseudo-cystitis. With you saying it comes in fits and starts it made me think of that. Now, the only reason I know about this is because my (very anxious) cat has it :eek: but hey ho a bladder is a bladder and it works in some humans too :D

I'd go back to the doc and get it sorted.

Back