• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

omg just fainted!!

candie

fabby not flabby :)
Just had a really scary experience in the post office queue, I fainted and then felt the need to poo asap:(:(The girl got me a chair and a bottle of water, and I came round, but then lost control of my bowels in the car:eek::eek::eek:
Couldn't work out what had caused this major dumping, until I remembered I took a cystitis sachet this morning, and just looked and it's full of sucrose:eek::eek:God knows why I didn't check the label on it, as i'm usually so careful:eek:

God that must have been terrifying. Hope you're feeling ok now! At least you know what it is, and you managed to get back to the car!! ;-)

xxx

It was really scary hun, I had no idea what had caused it till I looked at the label!why the hell does everything have sugar in it, esp medicines?:(:(

Oh Candie

I wouldnt drive for the rest of the day if I was you. Poor thing, at least you didnt lose control of your bowels in the post office!

How are you feeling now? I hope you can find a sugar free alternative.

This is what bloody annoys me about all the meds, I havent even started taking my ferrous fumerate syrup yet as it isnt sugar free! Im ok with the lactulose as long as i only take 5mls once a day or every other day.

Take care Xx

It is surprising how many things have sugar in!! I have started looking at my food slightly more closely lately!!! Trying to get into good habits before my op!!!

As long as what you are eating has less than 10gms of sugar per 100gms then it should be ok. All fruits have naturally occuring sugars, that is why initally post bypass it is a good idea to mix pure fruit juices with water by half as it reduces the volume of sugar per 100gms :)

i'm in bed now avoiding my kitchen fitter, and am still shaking:(:(

Oh Candie - what a horrible experience for you :(

Was it the first time you have experienced dumping? You must have wondered what on earth was happening :(

I really hope you feel better soon ((hugs))

:( wish there was something I could suggest to make you feel better :(

Hope it passes soon Xx

What a nightmare!!!
Try & get some sleep maybe - if you can - hope you feel better real soon

Oh gosh Im really sorry that happened to you, fainting is a HORRIBLE feeling and then to lose control in the car...you poor woman.
I think that maybe there should be a movement to get meds with less sugar in them, but the sugars are for taste and storage but as bypasses etc are taking off and in a few years quite a lot of people are going to have had them (according to Shaw Somers anyway!!) then they HAVE to make things for those sensitive to sugar.
It can be difficult, I know from being a diabetic how hard it is to get suitable meds.
Once again Im really sorry that this happened and that you feel so icky now, get well soon xxxx
Steph xx

Oh Candie - what a horrible experience for you :(

Was it the first time you have experienced dumping? You must have wondered what on earth was happening :(

I really hope you feel better soon ((hugs))
I had a minor dump a few months ago after having a swig of cough medicine with sugar in without thinking:eek:Since then i've been soooo careful and never even thought of the sachets having sugar in:(I really feel like I need a sleep, but have to deal with the workman:mad::mad::mad:

Awwww hope you feel better soon xx

Aww poor Candie, what an awful experience.
hope you're feeling better soon

hugs
Sandra

What an awful experience for you.
Hope once you have sorted the workmen out you can have a rest and start to feel better.
Leanne x

oh gosh Candie, that sounds horrible.

Are you feeling any better now?

Back