• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Reputation Power!!!

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
Reputation Points

Reputation are the green boxes that come up beside your name. The more green boxes the more reputation points that user has received.

How do you get Reputation Power?

you get one point for every 100 post you do. Also others can give you reputation points. When you have 100 points that then is equal to 1 reputation power. So the more points the more power.

What you can do with them?

If you like what a member has posted you can give them reputation and this then will help their reputation grow.

Some members now have rep power of 1 and others have rep power all the way up to 226 or more! Which means they can give 226 reputation points.

Also, grey/black box is shown by people who give reputation comments that elect not to show reputation, and/or have 0 reputation power.

Since first writing this post several of our members have doubled their reputation points.

Last edited:

RUTHYJ357

Minimins mental guru
Good thread.
Ruthy xxx

saralouise

Hi, I know I'm probably being really daft, but how do I give reputation. I'm trying to find how to do it but having no luck - its probably staring me straight in the face and I'm going to feel really silly when someone tells me!

Thank you.
Sara

Kitteh

Late night spammer
if theres a post you like.. you look to the bottom left of it.. and it looks like a set of old fashioned scales..
you click on it.. and it brings up a box.. you type in your message.. and hey presto.. its done..

i love rep.. lol

x x x

Kitteh

Late night spammer
its ok.. it looks me aaaaages to work out.. and sometimes if you dont ask.. you never know.. hehe..

glad you can do it doll..

x x x

clarins

where can you see, if someone has given you reputation points? i have looked in my profile but can not see. any one can help?

Isis

where can you see, if someone has given you reputation points? i have looked in my profile but can not see. any one can help?

Hi clarins :)

If someone gives you a rep point you will see a new right of the main page, above your mood setting. If you click on the new it will take you into the section that shows any threads you have subscribed to and then underneath a list of rep points, comments made by members and which thread.

If you want to look at anytime and check just go to user CP at the left side of the main page (same place you go to edit avatars and signatures), click on it and you will again see the same list of most recent given rep points.

Hope this helps :)

Lacey..x :)

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
What does it mean when some of the green boxes are light green?

you get one point for every 100 post you do. Also others can give you reputation points. When you have 100 points that then is equal to 1 reputation power. So the more points the more power.

When you go over 499 reputation points you get a lighter green box tagged onto the five darker green boxes and for every 200 points after that you acquire another lighter green box along with a new default title.

reputation_green.gif
reputation_green.gif
reputation_green.gif
reputation_green.gif
reputation_green.gif
reputation_greenh.gif
reputation_greenh.gif
means you have between 700 - 899 points...

reputation_green.gif
reputation_green.gif
reputation_green.gif
reputation_green.gif
reputation_green.gif
reputation_greenh.gif
reputation_greenh.gif
reputation_greenh.gif
reputation_greenh.gif
reputation_greenh.gif
reputation_gold.gif

Eventually as your rep power increases you begin collecting brown boxes as well... which finally turns into a Gold Star!
reputation_goldstar.gif

And the process begins all over again as you go on to collect more Gold Stars.

The more rep you have means the more rep power you can give to a member thus increasing their rep power rapidly.

However you can only give rep once a day to any one member. So if you have rep to give you can spread it around if you wish.

I have seen several members with one Gold Star.

Starlight

What I want to know is what do the brown boxes turn into once you have a gold star ;)

Starlight

No Im wondering what happens when I get to 10 brown boxes again do I get a 2nd gold star :giggle:

everhopefull

Rgeular for help lol
thanks for this at leste I know what it all means now lmao

PurpleButterfly

16lb to go!
So, say if someone gives you a rep, how many points does that equal?

And one thing I noticed is that I got a light green thing but then my rep didn't go up for a while, so my light green thing went? Does your green bars go down after a while then?

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
The amount of points somebody can give you is baised on the "Rep Power" of that person. As in the more reputation that person has the more they can give.

Pierce

PurpleButterfly

16lb to go!
Ahhhhhhh! I get it. So at the moment I've got 23 rp's, so when I give a rep they'd get 23 points added? You've got 100 so when you give a rep it gives that person 100 points?

And what about the green bar going down?

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Ahhhhhhh! I get it. So at the moment I've got 23 rp's, so when I give a rep they'd get 23 points added? You've got 100 so when you give a rep it gives that person 100 points?

And what about the green bar going down?

Not sure why it would go down but your right about the points.

Pierce