• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Return to work; how long??

wannabeminime

Hello peeps!! There are a few names i recognise here from Minis, i wonder if anyone remembers me?

Anyhoo, I am considering a sleeve, but i am worried about how long it will be before i can return to work (self employed single mum). How long did it take you? And what was your BMI and age?? (want to see if there is a correlation;)) I work as a foot health practitioner and there is quite a lot of physical activity; carrying heavy bags, twisting, bending, and lots for holding feet still!

hey Becky,

you can see my BMI and weightloss on my ticker - i had my op on the 8th Feb. I had two weeks off work, although id told work id be off for 3-6 weeks, but i went back early as i was feeling really well! I do work in an office so no lifting or craziness ;) In your case, id probably suggest a little longer (unless you can go back to work without all that jiving!)

Best thing is to really listen to your body, and youll know when youre ready to go back to work.

Hope thats some help!

x

I was/am 37, BMI was just over 44, had the bypass & I was back to work full time in under two weeks....but although I am often on my feet all day, it's not really physically demanding, so I would bank on having at least 6 - 8 weeks off....you can always go back sooner if you feel up to it.

Hi Becky .... I have a sedentary job and can work from an office I have at home - my consultant told me I could go straight back to work as it would do me good to do a couple of hours works morning and afternoon with a couple of hours break (psychological) – your job is far more demanding, which brings me on to my question for you (he he he) where can I get a reasonable priced Bario in the UK xx

i am 22 and my bmi was 62 when i had my op.

I felt pretty well near enough straight away but would have needed 2-3 weeks off work. Maybe leave it 4 weeks if your have to do a lot of lifting. You wont have a lot of energy when you first come round as your body wont be used to the very little amount of food you are now taking in. So be wary for 6 weeks :) xxxx

I'm 23, had my op 10 days ago - BMI was 42, going back to work on Monday so 2 weeks off. If your work involves heavy lifting, you might need up to 6 weeks to be ok.

Thanks everyone, that really helps. I think i'll need at least 3 weeks, which is really hard! I would struggle to clear my diary for that long :( .I'll have to do some more thinking.

And Kevin, what's a Bario??

Back