• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

returning to work

doggylover

Just wondering when you all returned to work after your bypass? :)

Not that I'm desperate to go back or anything I'm just curious lol

Xx

I had my bypass sept 18 2014 and have been off work since only to get the post op food stages bit out the way so far all going well and due back in 2 weeks time so in all ive had 8 weeks off with a doctor's note
everyone recovers at different speeds if I worked in an office I would have gone back much sooner but as I support disabled adults some in wheelchairs I didnt think I would and my gp agreed to push a wheelchair and do other stuff in order to do my job

I also had a sleeve but was back at work within 10 days - I am a professional so an office job on the whole apart from site visits and meetings but it is just over an hour commute (drive) each way...my first day back was yesterday and I paid for it last night - I was very very sore! I'm back in today but going to have to see how I get on - I think I may have come back too early!! Take it easy and listen to your body, but it does also largely depend on what job you do :) Best of luck :)

I had a bypass and was off for 3 weeks. I have a desk job :)

I was supposed to be off for 3 weeks, thought I'd be back after a week but ended up having complications with my sleeve and being off for 2 months then a 6 week phased return after that.

I'm now 6 1/2 months post op and still not running on 100%.

I work in an Art Gallery in a client facing role with lots of private views, dinners, entertaining people etc etc and I still dread this part of my job which used to be my favourite - I simply don't have the energy!

I don't think you can really anticipate how long you'll be off until you've come out the other side, it seems to be a very individual experience.

Back