• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Revisioners, please say hi!!!

lyturt

I had band to bypass in may this year after having the same problems as roccosmummy I too had difficulty in getting people to listen when I was having problems the barium xray proved the problem with my esophagus. I have found the bypass great although I have been told not to lose much more weight and stop whenmy BMI is 30 to avoid malabsorbtion. Weight loss is slower after conversion as they have to make the pouch bigger something I have recently found out but for anyone thinking of converting I would say go for it

Roccosmummy

I had band to bypass in may this year after having the same problems as roccosmummy I too had difficulty in getting people to listen when I was having problems the barium xray proved the problem with my esophagus. I have found the bypass great although I have been told not to lose much more weight and stop whenmy BMI is 30 to avoid malabsorbtion. Weight loss is slower after conversion as they have to make the pouch bigger something I have recently found out but for anyone thinking of converting I would say go for it

Omg I'm so glad you had your band issues sorted. It's very frustrating when you know there's a problem but the professionals convince you otherwise... For a time anyway!

Can I ask how you have done in the last 7 months? Start BMI, loss etc?

From what I understand the surgeons almost tailor the bypass to suit the individual. So pouch sizes and length of intestines used are all varied. I hope I get a fairly small pouch as not used to consuming much anyway with this band. My body is already clinging on to every oz right now!!! However I trust my new surgeon will do the very best for me and my health long term :)

joisslimmer

Hi,
I was banded Sept 2011 and lost 8 stone in about 15months. My port was always in a dodgy position and despite me requesting repositioning, my surgeon refused. At 1 year post op I vomited once in the night and ended up unable to swallow my own saliva. My provider couldn't see me for 2 days so I ended up on a nhs ward on a drip for 4 days! 2 weeks later, my provider repositioned my port! At 17 months post-op, I went for a run, had pain in my side and sudden loss of restriction. I called my provider the next day and a fluid check showed 2 mls missing. After 3 months of fluid checks and fills, I had an xray fill which showed my band to be leaking profusely. it had snapped at the connection between the post and band! My provider wanted anything from £2500 to £8000 to fix it depending who I spoke to! After seeing the surgeon and wrtining a complaint, I was told it would be £1500 but with no warranty! I chose to convert to a sleeve in the Czech Republic for £4000 instead! Best decision ever, I had my op August 20th and am super happy with my sleeve (despite having winter vomiting bug today!!). I never feel hungry. I feel full after 60 to 100 grams of food. I can eat almost anything, just not very much and my 'restriction' never changes. My band was tight in a morning, loose at night and tight when I was stressed or pre-menstrual. I do sugar dump (found out on slim fast of all things) but this keeps any sweet blow outs at bay! NO regrets other than I wish I knew more about the sleeve before I chose my WLS. The joys of hindsight!

Roccosmummy

I never knew where I stood with my Lapband. It always felt different morning, noon and night. Stressed, pre menstrual, following a flight, you name it, it was just so temperamental! The last five years it's just been strangulating me.

I can't believe I've put up with it like this. But then again when the professionals say it's just a case of getting the right amount of fill in the band, then who's to argue?!

I can't wait to burn the bloody thing!!!

lovelyzobo

Crumbs....lots of band issues...I sort of feel a bit out of it, as I've gone from bypass to BOB, a band over my bypass due to weight gain (after 8 years). First day post op today! Hopi g and praying this will be a success for me.... xx

2nd timer

Crumbs....lots of band issues...I sort of feel a bit out of it, as I've gone from bypass to BOB, a band over my bypass due to weight gain (after 8 years). First day post op today! Hopi g and praying this will be a success for me....? xx
How you getting on?

weegie

I had my revision to mini gastric bypass (MGB) on the 10th June. Originally had a band in 2007 and was very successful with it, though not without issue - like having no restriction in year 1 which is when I list most of my 9 stone. Yep, I dieted it off. Anyhoo, did regain a little but was fine for a number of years until I started with a persistent cough. Cutting a very long story short, I had developed band induced reflux. It was unbearable, so I went back to my original surgeon in Belgium for a revision.

Doing well so far. No regrets.

Ps there is nothing mini about the MGB. It is just done differently with one anastomosis and a 2 metre bypass.

fatmum

Hi all my husband had a minimiser ring fitted 3 weeks ago over a RNY which was done 10 years ago is there anybody out there that has has the same procedure. As he is really struggling

2nd timer

Hi all my husband had a minimiser ring fitted 3 weeks ago over a RNY which was done 10 years ago is there anybody out there that has has the same procedure. As he is really struggling
Is that like a band ontop of the by pass pouch? What's he struggling with? Did he struggle to keep weight down or smaller portions?

lovelyzobo

I'm a band over bypass..... Xxx