• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

rice krispies

Raynebubble

hi i dont like porridge, or weetabix... so just wondered has anybody tried rice krispies for breakfast... if so how much did you have..ie teaspoons?

im 5 weeks post op and went onto soft foods today

lol - SH 1t!!!! I'd rather poke my eye out wiv a stick than eat rice crispies LOL

:)

PS - stop showing off with your ''soft foods'' lol lol ;)

xxx

Last edited:
sorry hun.... i would be excited but i feel so ill due to antibiotics lol... just wanted to let being know what stage i am on so they can answer my question x

Dunno love........... I'm too busy drowning in peanut butter at breakfast times!!! :D

Seriously, as you move on to more solid stuff, the only way you will find out is to try a bit and see what happens. Just be mindful of the sugar content (I have no idea if they are good or bad as I don't eat them) - you don't want to dump or it will put you off them for life!

I hope you feel a bit better soon, it's bad enough just getting your head round eating, let alone feeling crap while you do it! xxx

i'd rather just drink a milkshake than have rice crispies.............:17729: nom nom nom chocolate bunnies :D:D:D:D

Regarding:

:17729:

Joffy I'm soooo gonna tell Mr. Jambu next time I see him!!! :D

haha snagglepuss that has cheered me up lol
well i brought some rice krispies.... i wont be having muh anyway only a couple of teaspoons with milk.. so the sugar shouldnt be too bad.... when i was losing weight with weight watchers i had rice krispies all the time so the shoud be ok i will soon let you know lol xx

They are made from rice so zero protein apart from in the milk and 22g of carbs, plus the carbs in the milk. At five weeks post op you need to get as much protein in as you can and limit your carb intake so these are frankly a dreadful choice. Good luck with it

They are made from rice so zero protein apart from in the milk and 22g of carbs, plus the carbs in the milk. At five weeks post op you need to get as much protein in as you can and limit your carb intake so these are frankly a dreadful choice. Good luck with it

ooh thanks Karlos...any suggestions what i can have for breakfast then... i dont like weetabix or porridges... this morning i had a crispbread with extra light laughing cow cheddar on... but ive also got to have a spoonfull of yogurt to take my anitibiotics im on

Last edited:
Fage yoghurt is good as its high in protein, I used to add protein powder to max it out, low fat cheese, Bran Flakes, Shredded wheat, Oats any multi grain unsweetened cereal though I know you don't like oats, Cottage cheese if you can take it early in the day, Omelette with cheese, boiled egg, Scrambled egg, Special K is quite good, baked beans are good go for low sugar ones

This is a link to a popular blog site that a lot of USA post oppers use that has some tips and recipes etc. theworldaccordingtoeggface

I am only a few days ahead of you Rayne, I had a scrambled egg, a rasher of bacon, chewed to death and 3 grilled cherry tomatoesand 2 melba toast for breakfast today x 6g of protein in the egg,7 in the bacon, 2 in the melba toast, 15 total. I also had ovaltine light, 2 teaspns, made with 200mls skimmed milk and a tbspn marvel, total 18g protein. You don't necessarily have to have cereal. xx

oh i wouldnt of thought of having bacon... i might have a bit of bacon in the morning with a scrambled egg

Beans are a good one to have or scrambled egg with grated cheese!

Porridge oats dry roasted in a pan and mixed into natural yoghurt, tastes nothing like porridge...more like a granola bar crumbled into yoghurt, bit of grated apple too, if you can have fruit yet? Or just stay in bed till lunch and don't have breakfast! ha ha ha

wish i could stay in bed all morning, but then i cant get my fluids in lol... ive been getting up around 9 having my cuppa then having breakfast about 10 so im getting a bit of a lay in... although i do naturally wake up about 7 so i have my lazaprozol by my bed, go to the loo, then go back to sleep til 9.. im gonna have scrambled egg with a bit of cheese today for breakfast

Tin tomatoes on toast is nice for breakfast, if you choose either brown bread or 50/50 bread you would get around 6g of protein from one slice and half a small tin of tomatoes. Its also something different for you. The toast becomes very soft and mushy with the juice so may be worth trying xx

You'd be far better off with beans on toast, better still beans without the toast LOL

Some great ideas . I think I will be ok the days I am at home , will have to put some thought into work days though

thanks.. im not sure about the toast... but the baked beans i could try. also with scrambled egg.
Today had scrambled egg with some cheese and two teaspoons of yogurt as i have to take an antibiotic.... went straight through me after about 15 mins, but i dont know if that was to do with the food or the anibiotic

thanks.. im not sure about the toast... but the baked beans i could try. also with scrambled egg.
Today had scrambled egg with some cheese and two teaspoons of yogurt as i have to take an antibiotic.... went straight through me after about 15 mins, but i dont know if that was to do with the food or the anibiotic

It was two years before I could eat eggs and cheese, up until then it was a case of everything out by both exits :D

Back