• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Proper Food

Raynebubble

Hi Everyone, just wondered...

After you did your pureed and soft stages...did you find going on to 'normal' foods daunting.. ie not knowing how much to have or what to have to eat?
What did you eat at first?

I know im only 2 weeks post op but thought i would try and get ahead of myself as i will be on soft foods come Christmas x

Yep normal foods for me by 4 wks as going abroad on holiday. But having said that I used soft foods & avoided bread where I could as despite the need to eat as normally as possible ( being off the usual tourist route in the Spanish mountains with little Spanish & their limited English making ourselves understood was tough) I did try to have soft foods when I could & took protein shakes with me so I could keep my levels up if I didn't manage to keep foods down. Thankfully my pouch was kind & generous letting me eat all bar dry meats. I still tend to mix soft & normal foods & follow my pouches lead on how much but do try to stick to 3 meals a day with a snack of fruit mid morning & milk at night with the occasional cereal or protein bar if I feel a bit wobbly if I have a busy day & use up the energy stores to fast.
I'm 5 mths post-op & am down to 13st & a size 12/14 from a biggest of 19st & size 20+. Another 3-4st to go to the mid or lowest ideal weight for my height.

Ive no plans for holidays just yet lol, but thankyou for you advise xx

You have done very well xxx

I'm 10 weeks post op and still find it strange how little I can eat. I know what to steer clear of, but each new meal is an eye opener!

I'm 10 weeks post op and still find it strange how little I can eat. I know what to steer clear of, but each new meal is an eye opener!

Hi Brian nice to meet you, so are you on the soft food stage at the moment....
i was on liquids first 10 days, now im on pureed which ive been told to do until week five which takes me to 22nd dec... then im on soft foods until week 12...then normal diet x

You will progress and find the foods that you can eat and enjoy.Its a long journey though,Im nearly 10 months out and still learning!One thing I do know though is sugar doesnt make me dump and carbs have reared their ugly head.Both go down very easily albeit in small portions!

Back