• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Rice Pud anyone.

ladylite

Just bought in Tescos some small pots of LF Ambrosia Rice pud. Thought they would be good if you are out and about.

You can also get small pots of Ambrosia LF custard, ummmmm very nice.

Be VERY careful with sugar levels, low fat isnt always enough, especially as a lot of low fat food can be swimming in sugar.
I can eat bits of rice pudding but I have never had more than a spoon full.
Just go easy xx
Steph xx

Thanks for that Steph I will check the label, didnt think, I am a beginner.

I am hoping after my bypass not to want sweet things, purely because if i think one pot is okay before i know it i'll be having a pot a day!

God i hope i can be as self righteous and strict with myself as i want to be :) :) xx

If they go down OK Mary, you could always do a home made version with skimmed milk and a little splenda. I'm in the opposite camp to Julie and Steph though, and believe a little of what you fancy does you good. After a life time of dieting and denial I no longer deny myself anything. Moderation is key and it has worked for me, but I do understand that others are not willing to give them selves the same freedom to "bend the rules" and don't agree with me.

Of course, if you are a dumper all of that goes out of the window and you have to be a little more careful, or pay the price.

My main concern with rice pudding, or all things rice at such an early stage for you Mary is that rice can swell in the pouch, so a couple of spoons may go down comfortably, but cause discomfort afterwards. Maybe try just a single spoon at the first sitting, and if that has no ill effects after a few hours, maybe have a slightly larger portion. Trial and error.

Oh I agree Sam, a lifetime of self denial is no fun for most. I personally thrive on denying myself things now, I feel stronger because I dont allow myself to have 'naughty' foods and am thrilled with the strength that I have post-op. I AM a dumper though so that helps.
Steph xx

I am sure they have very high sugar cant remember the amounts but have looked at the Ambrosia and put them right back after, just looked on line and here is some of the info, this says it is for half, for me although have not dumped yet would def not try it for fear of dumping lol

Total carbs - 33.3 grms
Sugars - 17.4 grms per half pot

Just to say the rice has been given over the hubbie. Thanks for putting me on the straight and narrow.:eek:

Plus most of the sugar is probably milk sugar which doesnt cause as much dumping usually as refined.

am looking at my post op diet sheet from st richards which recommends low fat rice pudding as a snack from week 4 onwards

Well I have tried the low fat rice pud which comes in a handy little pot. I had half for my morning snack and half for my afternoon snack and it was delicious.

Will use them again as they are so convenient and have had no side effects whatsoever.

Back