• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Roux en Y and previous surgery?

carberello

Just wondering if anyone had any problems having Roux en Y because of previous ( non bariatric ) surgery. I have a consultation on the 13th with a view to the having the op.
Thanks

Hi and first of all welcome to wls. I have had previous surgery, the last lot was in 2008 after a car accident! I did not experience any problems when I was having my gastruc bypass, so you should be ok. When you go for an assessment they ask about previous surgery.

Good luck on your journey.

xx

they just want to hear about your past medical history and if you had any adverse effects following surgery

joffy01582 said:
they just want to hear about your past medical history and if you had any adverse effects following surgery

Partly, but also because the presence of scar tissue from previous ops can make laparascopic surgery very difficult and occasionally impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I have had lazer oblation and been steralised through laperoscopy's It did not phase the consultant when I told him. Mind I have to have the surgery yet!

I have had keyhole gall bladder op and asked surgeon if this would be a problem he said nope, so hope you get the same answer :)

Back