• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help

Jean Jamieson

Hi all
I am 8weeks post op roux en Y gastric bypass, sitting at my desk in work I accidentally swallowed a small piece of sugar free gum, although I have been able to drink fluids throughout the day and have soup for my tea I am just a bit worried it will cause problems, has anybody had this type of accident
Thanks
Jean

I was told not to eat gum either because it can introduce air into our pouches and can give us painful wind. Don't think it will cause any damage but no harm in phoning your team.

Why are you even eating gum?! Speak to your team.

I accidentally swallowed a large whole SF sweet on the long car journey down to our cruise ship in Southampton last year at 7 weeks out. ... I was sweating buckets with the fear that something awful was going to happen. Thankfully it didn't and I haven't risked it since especially as I have a habit of things getting swallowed by accident and just don't relish the thought of a blockage.

Why are you even eating gum?! Speak to your team.

I asked my surgeon about chewing gum because of comments on here, but he said it's fine, just not to swallow it :confused:

I asked my surgeon about chewing gum because of comments on here, but he said it's fine, just not to swallow it :confused:

I was told not to touch it in case I swallowed it. So I don't.

On my diet sheets the 2 banned for life items are fizzy drinks and chewing gum, hope you don't come to any harm.

Back