• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My first consultation :) at derby

kirstyjade

My first consultation went amazing im so pleased, the dietician was so positive and only had great things to say about the weight iv list prior to this app ( last 10 weeks) and she thinks im in the perfect mindset for surgery and is going to advise the consultant that the process should be rushed along for me so i can have surgery sooner rather than later, saying this i could still be waiting 4-6 months ish which isnt to long considering she said that its currently 8-10 months...

Im so excieted for this new chapter in my life to start, im 25 and feel like i have'nt even lived yet, this is the start of a new me... I cant get this smile off my face lol....

Has anyone else had there surgery at royal derby? And how did you find it? Was you treated/looked after well by everyone?

Kirsty x

I'm glad it all went well for you. Il let you know as regards the surgery, as I'm having mine on the 23rd :)

Paula Lewis said:
I'm glad it all went well for you. Il let you know as regards the surgery, as I'm having mine on the 23rd :)

Oh thats really excieting im really pleased for you i know you've been waiting a while,

I really hope everything goes well for you and you have a speedy recovery, and cant wait to hear all the details x

s-a-r-a-h said:
That's great news for you Kirsty. I'm having my bypass at derby next month, can't wait :) :)

Thats fantastic! How long was you waiting from your 1st app???

Hope all goes well for you and you have a super quick recovery x

Thanks Kirsty. I will have waited just under 15 months from 1st appointment by the time I get my op. Had to wait 3 months before they would consider putting me on the list and asked me to make dietary and lifestyle changes. Then had to wait for the next MDT for them to decide to put me on the list which was about another 3 weeks.

I'm so pleased I have my date now. I'm so sick of everything being about food! If I'm not eating it I'm thinking about it, if I'm not thinking about it I'm asleep lol!!

My husband made me laugh when we were chatting. I told him I would probably not be able to reach my ideal weight as I would probably carry a couple of stone of loose skin. And I'm not aiming to get to my ideal weight at this stage, just want to be fitter and more comfortable. Anyway he said "I reckon your ideal weight is between 7 and 8 stone"!!!! I was lost for words. I'm 5ft 8 not a midget!!! At my slimmest I have only got down to just under 12 stone and I was slim as I have a very large frame.
Unbelievable!!!

That made me laugh out loud Sarah, that is my idea weight because I am 4ft 9 (a midget in ur eyes) u would be a beanpole if lost that much. Good Luck xx

rickysmrs said:
That made me laugh out loud Sarah, that is my idea weight because I am 4ft 9 (a midget in ur eyes) u would be a beanpole if lost that much. Good Luck xx

Oops sorry!! Hope I haven't caused any offence! Just the thought of me at 7 stone is ridiculous. It would be going from one extreme to the other!!

No no offence taken just made me giggle xx

s-a-r-a-h said:
Thanks Kirsty. I will have waited just under 15 months from 1st appointment by the time I get my op. Had to wait 3 months before they would consider putting me on the list and asked me to make dietary and lifestyle changes. Then had to wait for the next MDT for them to decide to put me on the list which was about another 3 weeks.

I'm so pleased I have my date now. I'm so sick of everything being about food! If I'm not eating it I'm thinking about it, if I'm not thinking about it I'm asleep lol!!

My husband made me laugh when we were chatting. I told him I would probably not be able to reach my ideal weight as I would probably carry a couple of stone of loose skin. And I'm not aiming to get to my ideal weight at this stage, just want to be fitter and more comfortable. Anyway he said "I reckon your ideal weight is between 7 and 8 stone"!!!! I was lost for words. I'm 5ft 8 not a midget!!! At my slimmest I have only got down to just under 12 stone and I was slim as I have a very large frame.
Unbelievable!!!

Lol sarah, men just have no idea do they lol.... Im 5'6 and if i weighed 7 stone i think i'd be dead i think my ideal is about 11stone and i think then i would look quite slim from what i can remember when i was younger x

which surgery are you going for? i'm seeing gp tomorrow and asking for sleeve, i live in lincoln so derby isnt too far away
chuffed its all going well for you.... i'm excited and hope gp is ok with it x

I think they only do sleeves at Derby if you have a really high BMI. They use them to get your weight down, before performing a bypass. I may be wrong though, but I'm sure that's what mr Ahmed said. Good luck with your referral :)

douster said:
which surgery are you going for? i'm seeing gp tomorrow and asking for sleeve, i live in lincoln so derby isnt too far away
chuffed its all going well for you.... i'm excited and hope gp is ok with it x

Hi douster

I'm in Lincoln too so you will be referred to derby. They do sleeves at derby, that's what I wanted originally. After seeing the surgeon and discussing the options I decided to go for the bypass. They will only do the bypass if your BMI is below 60 if it's over 60 they do the sleeve. You can still have the sleeve if your BMI is below 60 though. You don't need to say which surgery you want yet, the GP will just to a bariatric surgery referral x

kirstyjade said:
My bmi is 65 and iv been given the go ahead for a bypass at derby?? So have they made a mistake with me?

Maybe they have changed the criteria then. It's just what the dietician said but that was 10 months ago. X

Lol sarah, men just have no idea do they lol.... Im 5'6 and if i weighed 7 stone i think i'd be dead i think my ideal is about 11stone and i think then i would look quite slim from what i can remember when i was younger x[/QUOTE]

Wait for this then. In another conversation about my predicted weight loss he said " you should lose about 9 stone by Christmas"

9 stone in 2 months unbebloodylievable!!!

No pressure then lol! Told him I would be over the moon to lose 9 stone in a year and that would be major achievement x

Back