• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Derby hospital mix up?

kirstyjade

Iv been on the waiting list at derby for 1 year now and iv seen people who haven't been on the waiting list as long as me have there surgery already and I was under the impression it's because I put on half a pound! They have cancelled my last 2 apps 1 because the consultant was away and the 2nd because they booked me in with the wrong consultant so I got an app for October 2nd and I called up yesterday to confirm and they told me I was taken off the waiting list on June 13th but they don't know why until they get my notes but they said they can see mr Ahmed sent a letter to my GP this month saying he will be giving me a date once I have my next app as long as I lose weight which I have almost a stone I'm just so confused and upset and I'm not going to know what's going on until Monday now :( The secretary seems to thinks it might be a mistake but I'm just so worried I can't stop crying!!

Same happened to me Kirsty and it was all to do with my funding. Seems to be a common mistake with mr Ahmed. Get on the phone to PALS on Monday, tell them everything and get them to investigate. It was only when I got pals involved, things got sorted. You need to ask when your breach date is aswell. Pals should be able to find this out for you x

Oh no this is awful, definitely go down the PALS route so that this oversight/mistake cannot be swept under the carpet, let us know what happens xxx

Same happened to me Kirsty and it was all to do with my funding. Seems to be a common mistake with mr Ahmed. Get on the phone to PALS on Monday, tell them everything and get them to investigate. It was only when I got pals involved, things got sorted. You need to ask when your breach date is aswell. Pals should be able to find this out for you x
I will give pals a call tomorrow if mr Ahmed's Secretery hasn't got hold of my notes to see what's going on! But another thing I don't understand is I put on (HALF) of a pound and they think that's why iv been removed but then she said the cut off point is if you put on more than 3kgs so that would mean that's not the reason! I'm just so worried I was so close and now I might have lost it

The secretaries are useless. Don't worry about the half pound. I bet it's because they made a mistake with your funding application. It's exactly what happened to me.

As soon as I got PALS involved, kept pestering every few days and kept asking for my breach date, I had a date for surgery within to weeks. Don't take any s**t from them, tell them don't ask them. Tell them your writing a letter of complaint to the hospital chief exec and head of operations.
Be relentless, bug them till their so sick of you they'll give you a date just to shut you up!!

Last edited:
Arrrgh it's never frickin ending!!!!! The dietitians just called to update me and she doesn't think mr Ahmed is in next Wednesday so my app might be cancelled!!! But I won't know until Friday, this is really getting me down now :(

Arrrgh it's never frickin ending!!!!! The dietitians just called to update me and she doesn't think mr Ahmed is in next Wednesday so my app might be cancelled!!! But I won't know until Friday, this is really getting me down now :(

He doesn't start his clinic till 11am when he's there on Wednesdays. He's at meetings beforehand. I only know as I had an appt with him at 9am and didn't get to see him until 11.30. The dietician told me about the meetings.

That's horrendous.. I have been messed about a bit with my surgery, lots of phone conversations later and I had a voice message today saying my surgery is the 30th oct with Mr Ahmed. Just hope it doesn't get cancelled.
Hope you get sorted soon.

Back