• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how long time of work?

Hi there, don't know if this is still relevant but I'm also a midwife and took off 5 weeks in all. I returned to work on 7.5hr shifts and only worked on p/n ward for a few weeks until I had more energy and felt fully healed (which I had been told was 12 weeks). There is no way I could have managed 12hr shifts on L/W, I was exhausted after the shorter shifts! Good luck:)

Thank you all very much for your input. I only had the op on Saturday so struggle to imagine ever feeling well enough to work! I'll see how I feel as I go along, I'll also have a chat with the occupational team and see what they say. I suppose the nhs is not going to thank me for being a martyr when all us said and done
X

i went back after 3.5 weeks silly really as i work on a busy heavy ward! i could have done with another week! listen to your body x

I spoke to occupational health today and they said until I'm off the liquid stage I shouldn't come back (my consultant said 4 weeks liquid) and that I need an appointment before I return which should be staggered so no long days for a bit

That's a very good idea to be honest. I didnt go back until I was on solids.

I work on a stroke ward, so heavy loads are unavoidable, my OH dept said the would expect me to be off 6 weeks. Sister was a bit shocked!

Back