• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SADI-P info - Revision of Plication.

Anon1986

So I've been talking to a surgeon about revising my Plication to a bypass, only he is now ill & probably won't be open for questions till after the holidays.

They advised me of revising to a SADI-P "Single Anastomosis Doudenal Illeal Bypass after Plication" only I've not been able to ask for much information about this yet.

The only information I can find by searching are unfinished clinical trials which is a bit worrying. I think it might be a form of a DS but I can't seem to get anything solid info wise.

Last edited:
Hate to bump a post, but I can't find any info about this procedure and I was hoping for some.

I'm sure the surgeon will give me some after the holidays, but hell I research for weeks before buying a laptop so as finding nothing but a few unfinished clinical trials about the SADI-P is worrying.

-edit
The elimination of one anastomosis reduces operative time and decreases the possibility of surgically related complications.

It seems this is the main factor that all the documentation I can find is pointing to. While less complications is obviously a major selling point I'm unsure as to what this would imply in the long run.

So far the information I've gathered leads me to believe:

The SADI-P I can find nothing on, the SADI-S however is an evolved biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch. duodenal switch is the part I'm unsure on, dugeonal-ileal? The information I've found on SADI-S leads me to believe the differenced with it over RNY are:

No dumping.
Less ghrelin produced.
Larger stomach
Absorption sounds interesting: 20% fat, 60% protein, 60% complex carbs, 100% simple carbs.
Greater long term weight loss - statistics.
Must take vitimins long term (Not a great issue, I already have a Vit B deficiency since I was younger, my doctor gives me months at a time to save on prescription costs).

Last edited:
Hi
May I ask why your revising your wrap to a bypass? I'm doing the same but to a sleeve???
Thx

I'm not sure why, I've honestly not considered revising to a sleeve and I'm not overly sure why I instantly thought bypass when thinking revision. I just decided if I was going to revise I'd go for a bypass.

If possible I'd like to revise to a DS or RNY but I'm not overly sure which I'd prefer. I also understand that due to scare tissue and hernia my only choice may me to revise to a SADI-P.

On the SAID-P subject:
I've done a fair bit of researching today and found another weight loss forum discussing this procedure in lenght. It seems it does not benefit from the same malabsorption as a DS and there are a fair few debates about if this should actually be called a DS or not. It's all a bit above my head really.

May I ask why you are revising from a wrap to a sleeve? Or you're revising from a sleeve to a bypass? Would make more sense that way ;)

I'm revising since I cannot seem to control myself, I can hold my weight steady but in between sessions of boredom I'll put 10-20lbs on and then behave to lose again.
I want a long term solution that will help force me to behave more, while I know it's not magical and I could still cheat and abuse myself if I wanted, more long term restrictions would be beneficial.
I'm sure there are plenty of folk who could reply saying that as revision won't help me and that the issue is myself not my body. But I just can't seem to regulate myself to an efficient degree.
Honestly I've not 100% decided I'm going for a revision yet, although I'd best make my mind up soon as I'm going private and would be able to book for end of February (assuming the surgeons current health issues subside).

Insufficient restriction.....shame but I'm just one of the incredibly unlucky ones I guess...????

Sorry, so you're going from sleeve to bypass or wrap to sleeve:confused:

Bypass is this so called 'gold standard' whatever that means, sleeve proven results, duodenal switch - rarer as fewer people need one (my surgeon said no to me)....

Why on earth would you want something experimental?

Bypass is this so called 'gold standard' whatever that means, sleeve proven results, duodenal switch - rarer as fewer people need one (my surgeon said no to me)....

Why on earth would you want something experimental?

As the SADI procedure? I'm not saying I would, was mearly asking if anyone knew more about it.

Back