• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Salad?? Good or Bad

Andrea73

Hi peeps, I'm looking for some advice on my food.

As the weather has been rather lovely, I have been eating lots of salad and really loving it. I've been having it for lunch and dinner. My salad normally consists of the usual mixed leaves, beetroot, cucumber, tomatoes, sweetcord, spring onions. I would also have some dressing and then some tuna or chicken with it.

Do you think this is ok or should I be concentrating on the protein and not having the salad??

Looking forward to hearing your replies x

As long as you are getting plenty of protein with it I really can't see how it would do you any harm at all.
Enjoy x

Andrea, Im the same as you i love salad and most days have it for lunch and dinner with fish, chicken or cold meat also a boiled egg which is high in protein.

thanks, I just love it. I should probably focus on having more protein and less leaves but its just so darn tasty :)

I'd say if your hitting your daily protein intake target then continue with lots of leaves, however if your intake is lacking (you can check on myfitnesspal) then perhaps less salad more protein... I find salad fills me up really quickly, whereas i can eat a sandwich and a piece of fruit n probably a yoghurt otherwise...

I have the fitness pal on my iphone but I can't see where it tells you for the full day how much protein i've had. can you help??

I've just logged on and my protein was crap. Some days only 30g.

Time to get serious I need ideas please pronto!! I must get to grip!!

Thanks muchly x

eggs, cheese, nuts, meat.... however be aware of fat content with your nuts n cheese. then have your salad lol xx

I love egg and bacon salad - which sounds gross!

Boil the eggs and cook very lean bacon until it is very very well cooked, almost crumbly.

Chop up the eggs, break the bacon up and mix well with the salad.

I've made myself hungry now!

Back