• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Saw this and thought of us all.

like it ,I will use it then I tell my family!

Very good. Someone on my facebook was slagging off a program about a 70 stone man today. Saying how did he not realise what size he is?? It made me so angry. Would anyone say that about a 4 stone anorexic? Eating disorders are eating disorders and getting help for them should be applauded. Not scorned. Funny enough my friend who has suffered with anorexia is one of the first people I talk to about food. She understands the difficulty. If only other people understand.

I cried at this programme and my god the man lost 25 stone pre op surely he deserves some compassion and praise for his achievements

People who havnt been affected by a food disorder will never understand. A lot of people think its just black & white.
Stop eating and that's it !!!!! If only it was that easy.
It's so easy for people to judge others in all kinda of situations but until you have walked in their shoes you will never know.

I found it hard to watch, but am looking forward to the second programme later in the year to see how he is doing. He had his op just after me so is now about three months out. He lost over 2 stone a week on the LSD so if his loss post op was similar he could be 20+ stone down by now. Just hope the £50k of NHS resources put in place includes the skin removal as I can only imagine hauling that much about will cause its own mobility issues for him. We'll see.

His story was amazing. It has relieved some of my pre op fears about dying on the table. If he came through weighing what he did, I hope my surgery is plain sailing! Looking forward to seeing the second part of that program, hopefully post op when I can relate again! :)

Oh, and that image above is awesome!!!!

Im not going to share my surgery news until after its happened and people who havent seen me in ages asks how ive (hopefully) lost weight :)

Back