• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SCALE SLAVE!! NO MORE

LapBandBeck

Have realised that the most demoralising thing in my life is my bathroom scales, they are old incorrect and not helping (like my mother lol). SO I AM THROWING THEM OUT. From now I will not worry if my weight flucuates or doesnt move . I will not reposition them round the bathroom floor to get a better reading. OUR RELATIONSHIP IS OVER AS THEY NEVER MADE ME FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF.

From now on its the gym and how my clothes feel. LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE A SLAVE TO THE SCALES!

You are a much braver person than I am. I "need" my scales to tell me that I'm on track, that I'm not letting things slip backwards.

Not using scales (well the continually gaining weight) was making my life shorter.

I would like to think that one day, after I have been maintaining for a year or so, I will be able to get to the same place you have.

Well done.

Last edited:
i go to boots once a week and use the same scales each week to try for an acrate reading... i dont think i could live without them

Thanks girls for the feedback. We all have our own way of doing things and whatever works for you is great. But for me I have now done all I can to lose weight = gastric band, gym, healthy eating....so my conscience is clear.....sod everything else!

My solution would probably be to buy new and more accurate scales! :D

I love my scales because at the moment the scales are delivering good news, so it actually motivates me to weigh myself. Saying that, if the weight loss slows down and the scales will start dragging my mood down, it will be the end of our relationship too. Good decision, LapBandBeck! :)

Once a week is enough! Years back I came to realise that I had given my scales the power to decide what kind of day I was about to experience, purely on the basis of whatever number the scales displayed. Regardless of the many factors that can affect on any given day - particularly in regard to women and varying hormone levels, etc - I would read the number registered; if I had not lost even a tiny amount, I'd want to cry! The day that followed would then be ruined thanks to self-imposed disappointment and unhappiness.

Scale-hopping is just another compulsion/addictive behaviour, and for many it causes only pain. If frequent weighing is affecting you in a harmful way - step away from those scales!

Mmmmmm I agree I am a little OCD around my scales. I personally didn't get disappointed if I hadn't lost for a few days, because this journey, as in life general, is about taking a balanced approach...but they do rule my life too much. I weighed this morning and those darned things are now being hidden away by my better half until 1st January, and I am going to weigh in monthly from now on to check how well I am maintaining.

I threw mine out when I went over 24 stone! Pointless having them when they only went up to 24 lol

Will not be buying more :) will leave it to the hospital to weigh me and tell me how I am doing. I will go by my clothes hopefully as they start to be too big for me.

Each to their own, its a hard journey either way :(

Update - going by jeans sizes now - was size 28 in jeans now in size 24 and can squeeze into 22s....the ultimate goal 16s! band and gym working together and not a clue how much i weigh or how much i have lost but know i feel positive and i am not being made to feel bad by the scales!!

Back