• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Scales now moving :)

Gillykit

I don't know why I am so happy to see the scales finally move in the right direction - but I am! My body obviously prefers the soft food stage and is now letting go of the fat after 2 weeks of being up and down but no cumulative loss. Official weigh in tomorrow and I will be in the 18's Woo hoo :)

I've also just won my minor battle with GP to get a referral for CBT on the NHS - although I had to go through the PALS team in the end. Double woo hoo :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

lots of :woohoo: for you :)

What is CBT?

Ahh, was wondering, thanks xx

I understand how you feel I'm month post op first two weeks a stone , next two weeks 3lb & 1.5lb I did wonder what was happening I had a sneek peek yesterday and looks like I'm down 5lbs so that's more like it :) it's nice to see the scales moving again x

what are the benefits of the CBT? i have paid privately for my surgery and wouldn't be able to pay privately for CBT would i be able to get this funded by NHS seeing as i've already paid out on my own for the op?

LauraB said:
what are the benefits of the CBT? i have paid privately for my surgery and wouldn't be able to pay privately for CBT would i be able to get this funded by NHS seeing as i've already paid out on my own for the op?

I think it depend Hun its not for everybody do you suffer from depression? That's why I have it I go through a counselling service called inclusion matters maybe google them an see if there's any in your area xx

LauraB said:

Hi Laura. I also paid privately for my surgery so am in the same boat as you - no more pennies for counselling. I don't have clinical depression and never have suffered from that, but find having CBT helps me talk through my feelings towards food, what triggers my negative responses to make me turn to food etc and develop coping strategies for the future. I have had CBT in the past via the Weight Management Clinic programme I did 6 years ago and firmly believe if I'd kept it up I wouldn't have put the 7 stone I lost back on! The WLS is helping me deal with the physical addiction and providing the restriction I need, but the 'head stuff' doesn't go away. My GP was unhelpful but I spoke to the PALS team at my PCT (Salford) and they have a 'talking therapies' initiative running which I have been fortunate enough to be able to access without needing his referral. For me it's a two pronged approach which will hopefully give me the best chance for the long term. Hope this helps! x

My practice nurse referred me for CBT when I went to see her and almost broke down about my weight and how my eating was out of control (this was before I decided to have GBypass). Anyway, I had to have a telephone consultation before an appointment would be made and I was asked lots of questions. Apparently, the girl told me that I wasn't allowed to have it as I wasn't depressed enough. Because my life is generally good (apart from being out of control with food and being miserable as I'd put on 6 stone) I couldn't have it. I wasn't very impressed!

Hi Gillykit. Im in the same boat. Im 2 weeks post op and lost 12lb but for the last 5 days not one single pound. My clothes are definately looser and I can get on a pair of trousers that didnt fit me before, but Im a tad worried to see no loss. I have just gone onto soft foods and since then....nothing! Sighhhhh....I know...Im just too impatient. Be good to see how you get on :)

Hi Gillykit. Im in the same boat. Im 2 weeks post op and lost 12lb but for the last 5 days not one single pound. My clothes are definately looser and I can get on a pair of trousers that didnt fit me before, but Im a tad worried to see no loss. I have just gone onto soft foods and since then....nothing! Sighhhhh....I know...Im just too impatient. Be good to see how you get on :)

Hi Hun Don't panic! It will start to shift - honest. Make sure you're eating enough. I was on around 500 calories with purée and increased to 600-800 calories with soft food - but do follow your providers guidance.
I am 1 pesky pound off the 3 stone loss mark, so still slow, but am losing every week now, even it's just a pound - and these pounds ain't coming back! :D I've also just dropped another dress size so the inches are still going and I'm sure the pounds will catch up. Keep going lovely, you are doing fab x

I would weight once a week on the same day thats what I do yes of course I have sneek peeks but weighing daily would do my head in. it will move I've steadily lost every week 2-4lb after the initial 2 weeks after op where I lost 14lb or there abouts I was told the other day by the dietician that the futher along you go the more it slows down and warned me after losing 4.7st since pre op diet/operation that my time is coming soon for me to plateau and I'm only 13 weeks out.

Sent from my iPhone

I would weight once a week on the same day thats what I do yes of course I have sneek peeks but weighing daily would do my head in. it will move I've steadily lost every week 2-4lb after the initial 2 weeks after op where I lost 14lb or there abouts I was told the other day by the dietician that the futher along you go the more it slows down and warned me after losing 4.7st since pre op diet/operation that my time is coming soon for me to plateau and I'm only 13 weeks out.

Sent from my iPhone

I agree with only weighing once a week otherwise it becomes an obsession, and your weight will fluctuate from day to day. Fantastic weight loss treezuk! We have all had a different op to you so will generally average smaller weekly losses. My dietician may be very happy with 1-2 pounds a week but sometimes it feels sooooo slow, and then when it stops ..... sigh :( Good luck with your continued weight loss x

Thank you xxx

Sent from my iPhone

Back