• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

scrambled egg !!!! worst pain since op !!

deeby

Oh my goodness !!!
Ive been put on soft foods and was told to try scrambled egg with a little grated cheese and maybe some finely chopped ham mixed in , so, i did, yesterday morning i was quite excited about trying it and i had about 2 teaspoons of it and OH MY GOD !! the pain was excrutiating !! i felt absolutely terrible and like i would be sick which i eventually was but only watery stuff came up .
It was really horrible and i cant beleive i was soooo bad after such a little amount !
Do you think it got stuck ??
I wont be trying that again in a hurry and its made me really scared to try any new stuff the pain was that bad !
xxx

Oh my goodness Dawn. What an unpleasant experience for you... I am thinking of you precious... love and hugs... xxx

thanks Bev, it really was awful :S just wish i knew why ! xx

Awww Dawn... sorry you've had such a horrible experience yeterday :cry: Ido know it's not unusual for people to have problems with egg although I haven't myself. Maybe leave it a while before you try again as it might just be a temporary thing ? How's it going otherwise ? Take care hun xxx

Awww Dawn... sorry you've had such a horrible experience yeterday :cry: Ido know it's not unusual for people to have problems with egg although I haven't myself. Maybe leave it a while before you try again as it might just be a temporary thing ? How's it going otherwise ? Take care hun xxx
Thanks Rose
ill be leaving it a very long time before i try egg again :O !! thats for sure ! other than that its all ok, i had crispbread and pate last night as i know im ok with that , just so scared to try anything else now :( xxx

Looks like you're doing really well though - the weight is dropping off nicely ! Looking forward to seeing you Friday evening hopefully :) xx

Sorry to hear you suffered yesterday. Hopefully you'll be ok if you try it again in a few weeks/months. :hug99:

I'm a bander; I love scambled eggs. Unfortunately I can no longer tolerate eggs of any kind :( They make me sick.

Looks like you're doing really well though - the weight is dropping off nicely ! Looking forward to seeing you Friday evening hopefully :) xx

yes i cant moan really :D apart from that lol, im looking forward to hopefully seeing you on friday too :D ive sorted my babysitter now as hubby is away again next week so all systems go for me !! xxx
Sorry to hear you suffered yesterday. Hopefully you'll be ok if you try it again in a few weeks/months. :hug99:

I'm a bander; I love scambled eggs. Unfortunately I can no longer tolerate eggs of any kind :( They make me sick.

I hope cah ching as ive always loved eggs !! its weird how things change soooo much after our ops xxx

I used to eat eggs all the time and now cannot tolerate them at all, either fried/boiled/scrambled, not even one mouthful, I dont get in pain but they just dont sit well wiv me no more so I leave em well alone.

I used to eat eggs all the time and now cannot tolerate them at all, either fried/boiled/scrambled, not even one mouthful, I dont get in pain but they just dont sit well wiv me no more so I leave em well alone.
I know what you mean !! ill be leaving them well alone from now on too Julie !! awful time i had ! xxx

I LOVED egg before my op, would have it all the time with beans.

Tried it when i was on soft foods and had exactly the same experience as you. Which was disappointing. I havent touched it since but if im honest, i dont really miss it as ive been eating a whole variety of foods that were foreign to me before i had this op which i now LOVE! Like, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes etc.

Try not to think about the foods you cant tolerate and start to find foods that you can but HATED pre-op. It made me feel better :) xxxxxx

I too LOVE eggs but I can't cope with the yet either. It's not as bad an experience a yours, but they cause me pain and make me feel sick. It's a pain isn't it? But try other things pet. Be brave
Eggs are definitely my worst no-no food....bread also doesn't agree.

Eggs are often very indigestible for people though, even without WLS. xxxx

I LOVED egg before my op, would have it all the time with beans.

Tried it when i was on soft foods and had exactly the same experience as you. Which was disappointing. I havent touched it since but if im honest, i dont really miss it as ive been eating a whole variety of foods that were foreign to me before i had this op which i now LOVE! Like, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes etc.

Try not to think about the foods you cant tolerate and start to find foods that you can but HATED pre-op. It made me feel better :) xxxxxx

Thanks hun, i will !! lol i love peppers but im not too sure which veggies will be ok as i know some people have trouble with certain ones ! xxx

I too LOVE eggs but I can't cope with the yet either. It's not as bad an experience a yours, but they cause me pain and make me feel sick. It's a pain isn't it? But try other things pet. Be brave
Eggs are definitely my worst no-no food....bread also doesn't agree.

Eggs are often very indigestible for people though, even without WLS. xxxx

hiya Charis :D oh yes its a horrible pain, feels like your pouch is gonna explode !! ill try to be brave :S im going to try some salmon in lemon and dill sauce with a couple of roasted tomatos so hopefully they will be ok,
Ive not tried bread as my bariatric nurse has absolutely banned all things high in carbs, ie : bread, pasta, rice and potatos, strange hey ? so no mash for me lol, she even told me to put mashed sweed and carrot on top of shepherds pie instead of potato :O
xxx

Six years on, I can still only have scrambled eggs if they are really sloppy, I cannot eat them made in the microwave, and have to do them on the cooker to get them just right. I would never have them out, as they would make me ill...

I cannot eat the whites of eggs when having boiled, poached or fried... omlettes tend to stick as well unless i have them with something slidey like beans or tinned toms ..

You are still in the very early days, my advice to you is wait and try them again in a few weeks ..

Chin up,

Ann xx :)

Six years on, I can still only have scrambled eggs if they are really sloppy, I cannot eat them made in the microwave, and have to do them on the cooker to get them just right. I would never have them out, as they would make me ill...

I cannot eat the whites of eggs when having boiled, poached or fried... omlettes tend to stick as well unless i have them with something slidey like beans or tinned toms ..

You are still in the very early days, my advice to you is wait and try them again in a few weeks ..

Chin up,

Ann xx :)

Thanks Ann
i think i will wait a very long time to be honest !! it seems that lots of people have trouble with eggs so i may well just leave well alone !!
i must admit i didnt make them 'sloppy' as i always feel like they are not cooked properly like that so they were quite dry .... xxx

hi deeby..

this has happened twice last week to me,not with eggs but tuna and chicken.
Each time I got them stuck,and was sick,but it was like frothy water what was coming up.
And the pain was bad!
I tryed to get it unstuck with a little water,and it even hurt to drink.
Im eating way smaller amounts on my spoon now,and chewing lots!

If it reassures you eggs were awful for me too when i tried them about 5 weeks or so post op! However now we get along fine. I left it till about 5 weeks ago and tbh i started to incorporate them by having quiche or a egg custard occasionally! Now i can eat them scrarmbled,poached,fried, boiled etc...

Don't let them put you off just be aware eggs and fish can be tough when we first start eating again :) xx

hi deeby..

this has happened twice last week to me,not with eggs but tuna and chicken.
Each time I got them stuck,and was sick,but it was like frothy water what was coming up.
And the pain was bad!
I tryed to get it unstuck with a little water,and it even hurt to drink.
Im eating way smaller amounts on my spoon now,and chewing lots!
Oh no !! dont say that i was gonna try tuna tomorrow, oops, ooo errr mrs /!!! its a bloomin minefield isnt it ? lol
i was exactly the same , frothy water stuff, really gross, and the pain was awful ! although i have to say i was having tiny little mouthfuls ! oh well, ... 'the show must go on' lol
xxx

If it reassures you eggs were awful for me too when i tried them about 5 weeks or so post op! However now we get along fine. I left it till about 5 weeks ago and tbh i started to incorporate them by having quiche or a egg custard occasionally! Now i can eat them scrarmbled,poached,fried, boiled etc...

Don't let them put you off just be aware eggs and fish can be tough when we first start eating again :) xx
Aww thanks hun i was really gutted as i was feeling so good trying to get some protein in, its all trial and error i suppose but its amazing what we find hard after the op, i was told specifically by the nurse to have them ! i will maybe try again one day but not any time soon i dont think lol xxx

Oh no !! dont say that i was gonna try tuna tomorrow, oops, ooo errr mrs /!!! its a bloomin minefield isnt it ? lol
i was exactly the same , frothy water stuff, really gross, and the pain was awful ! although i have to say i was having tiny little mouthfuls ! oh well, ... 'the show must go on' lol
xxx

lol deeby!

dont be put off with tuna,its strange as I had tuna a week earlier and it was fine,never got stuck.
but last week it did..its strange as one day you can be ok then not another day.
Yes the frothy water was yuk!infact I was frothing at the mouth,as well as being sick,.
I was so frightened...good luck with tuna,have mayo with it! x

Back