• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Scrambled eggs

hampers

One thing I was looking forward to on my post op diet was scrambled egg, how wrong I was - just cannot tolerate it at all. Makes me feel really rough and I like them lightly scrambled.
Am I the only person who can't eat them, tried twice now and its the closest I have come to dumping I think.

Phil

Nope, I can't stomach eggs now at all. They make me really gurgly.

And chicken, and meat and sea food. I have to have them in sauces like bolognese or something!

Cheese I love and makes me feel full quickly, which I like!

Great thanks, makes me feel better. Will try again in a few weeks then if no good, eggs bite the dust!

Phil

Interesting, scrambled eggs are my saving grace! I have them every day as a protein based meal (I am vegetarian), I would be gutted if i couldn't eat them!

I only scramble 1 egg, my favourite way of doing is to finely chop half a small onion and fry it in fry light with some cajun seasoning, and while that's cooking whisk up the egg with the tiniest bit of milk and margarine possible, then when the onions are soft I add the egg to the pan and whisk it, it's lovely with all the cajun spices. That's how I had them in louisiana and I am addicted now!

Sometimes I can eat more than others tho... I add a bit of tomato ketchup if it's not going down very easily.

Rx

Guess we are all different, it was the nearest I have been to being sick on the 2 occasions I've had it. Will try again in a couple of weeks and see how I go.

Phil

Hey Phil we had our ops on the same day :)

I can't take eggs either, i tried scrambled about 2 weeks ago and felt rough as heck and the pain in my chest ouch! Then a week later i really really fancied a pickled egg (had took kids swimming and they wanted chips, which is normally a treat in our house), well i managed less than half the egg had to have a nap and when i woke had a glass of milk and continued on to throw up! Only time i have done it, although a couple of times i thought i would and didn't! Like you i was looking forward to some eggs post op, figuring eggs for breakfast a great start to the day!

I will persevere but not for a few weeks though. Someone suggested poaching them which will be my next challenge :)

Keep on trucking x

I am the total Opposite. I love scrambled eggs, and poached/Boiled etc. cant get enough of them. think everyone is different though. I cant eat meat in any form. fills me after 2 mouth fulls and makes me feel ill for hours after. :(

Another couple of weeks before get to meat stage. Have had salmon and that was ok. Not too bothered can eat veggie curry, pureed, so am happy there. Good job I like soup as suspect is going to be a staple going forward. Am ok with weetabix and porridge so breakfast ok.

Phil

Back