• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre op diet advice please prob with milk

Surgery due on 27th, am self funding and having problems with the milk diet. I am going with The Hospital Group and their little info booklet says any probs with pre op milk diet switch to 1000 calories per day.

This may sound daft but 1000 calories of what? Has anyone else done the pre op diet of 1000 cals per day. I am a veggie so worried I might just eat the wrong thing. So far I have managed to lose 11 lbs by calorie counting quorn, scrambled egg, odd whole meal toast slice and lots and lots and lots of water and coffee over last 3 weeks ish...

With only 4/5 days to go am terrified they will not do it because of my liver. I have emailed them but got no response... obviously nobody there to speak to now since no replies to numbers I have tried. I appreciate its just an opinion from you guys (not medical advice) but all opinions welcome.

My preop diet was the low fat / carb one (1000cal) I just lived on veg, and chicken, beans, sausages, bacon obv leave the meat with u being vegetarian but do u have quorn ? I had about 6 tbs veg for my tea on a nite time with a little meat and beans on 1 slice ww brown bread for lunch or crackers with cottage cheese or peanut butter etc I was worried bout my liver but it was fine and I had my op last Wednesday good luck and stick with it x

Hi, not sure I can answer your question as awaiting my op date but didn't want to read and run as you are obviously worried and concerned.

I spoke with my dietician earlier this week and he said I had two options for my pre op diet. I can either remain on Exante which I have been on for months (meal replacement diet like Cambridge) or follow a low cal diet keeping my protein high and carbs as low as possible.

Stop stressing and good luck with your op. :)

Thanks both :), think I am having a bit of a wobble.... will continue to calorie count and keep it as low carb as possible and hope for best. Thanks again :) x

Thanks both :), think I am having a bit of a wobble.... will continue to calorie count and keep it as low carb as possible and hope for best. Thanks again :) x

I have stuggled with the diet, bit the point is to lose weight so the liver shrinks. I will be there on the 26th. I guess dont worry. Are you getting there the day before. if so say hi.
I had a massive panic regarding hair loss, its taken me 5yrs to grow my hair, can imagine lossing it now. Think lots of protien drinks needed, to help this.
Hang in there.
One more sleep and I am at the hospital. yikes...

I have stuggled with the diet, bit the point is to lose weight so the liver shrinks. I will be there on the 26th. I guess dont worry. Are you getting there the day before. if so say hi.
I had a massive panic regarding hair loss, its taken me 5yrs to grow my hair, can imagine lossing it now. Think lots of protien drinks needed, to help this.
Hang in there.
One more sleep and I am at the hospital. yikes...[/QUOTE

Hi Mimi

I finally got through to someone on the phone who said just lose weight any which way you can, I have had quite a rough 3 weeks mostly calorie counting but with one binge in between :( I have such an awful relationship with food and I am hoping this lap band will be the tool to help sort out my eating and allow me to sort my head out.

I have lost 11lbs and am hoping to get one or two off in next couple of days before Friday. I won't be there on Thursday I am arriving early on Friday morning and hoping to leave same day... possibly being a little optimistic!!
Would like to keep in touch with you and know how you get on ... good luck on Thursday you will be fine, are you in the night before? and night after?

One sleep, it will fly by!!

Mx

I'm worrying about my liver too! I am havin my band on the 27th and due on the 28th and always gain between 5-7 lbs when I'm due on so now I'm just worrying ! Sally from THG said I will be fine as long as I'm under my consultation weight as my BMI is 38 so she said my liver won't be bad anyway (how she knows that
I don't know) but I'm still worrying xxx

I'm on first week of two week per op diet. Milk one not good for me either so doing high protein and low carb - green leaf veg & broccoli only + fish or scrambled eggs. Going okay, just hoping liver shrinks enough!!

Good luck Mimi for Thursday, and LOckerz and Queenofbelfastcity I hope to meet you on Friday - I too hope to come home on Friday evening.
Have any of you received a call yet saying what time you need to be there for?

Hi All, Well its 6 dyas post op and apart from the pain and wind, the liquid diet is ok. I am blitzing anything that moves.. lol. I have lost a stone now, not sure how that happened, but not complaining. I am still off work as I am getting very achey and tired in the day still, I guess it could be my age and just normal post op stuff.
How did your op go?? Queen of Belfast/Lockerz, shame did no see you but lets keep in touch here..

mimi1234 said:
Hi All, Well its 6 dyas post op and apart from the pain and wind, the liquid diet is ok. I am blitzing anything that moves.. lol. I have lost a stone now, not sure how that happened, but not complaining. I am still off work as I am getting very achey and tired in the day still, I guess it could be my age and just normal post op stuff.
How did your op go?? Queen of Belfast/Lockerz, shame did no see you but lets keep in touch here..

Hey mimi, yes I'm feeling ok, sick to the back teeth of cuppa soups lol and should be back at work today but in two minds weather to go. Its only for 4 hours but that 4 hours in constant on my feet as there is no where on the shop floor to sit and it's very fast paced, and I'm thinking with my calorie intake being so low I don't want to pass out lol, not good so I'm sat here debatin with myself in my head weather to go or not. Did you have your op Friday the same as me or were you the day before? How you feeling now? Xx

Well feeling ok today still sore. I am going to be off work for the rest of the week. As very tired, and cant concentrate. I wish you luck if you going back today, I have not driven yet and will do that later today I think. Are you getting pains in your ribs?? I have that at night think it could be the port site.

Back