• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Searching for advice for a friends sleeve . Maybe .

countrywench

As most of you know I have had a band fitted and right now I'm very happy with it and doing well .
This is just a beginning of my search for advice so I came direct to the experts .
Those of you who have had this done .
Today I had lunch with my daughter .. She tops 28st .. Very unhappy , sweaty and generally hates being seen out in public , so she covers up with a if cardi even on a lovely day like today .. After a chat with her , she says she would go for surgery next week if she could .. I want to help her , I need to help her .
The band will not be an option for her , she won't be able to control herself afterwards with carbs .. She admits this .
She is a constant eater , in the evening .. She goes all day without food as she is a delivery driver , occasionally grabbing a sandwich and a sweet .. Come the evening she will have her meal , then continue to eat till she goes to sleep .. So I guess hers is a portion control and binge eating ?
I know I cannot afford a sleeve or a bypass in this country ( unless I won money ) ..
So I wanted to know , if the people on here would let me know what they had done , where they had it done and how much it was ?
Has anyone been to Poland to have surgery ? A few on a site on Facebook have been there , and also some have had cosmetic there also . These people rave about it ..
But I trust this site and the people on it and value advise on here ..
Thank you
Mindy
Xxxx

Hi. I'm having a revision from band to sleeve. I'm having the sleeve in 2 weeks in the Czech Republic. According to my research they are cheaper than most EU countries. Am happy with the reviews and clinic. I'm doing it through beautiful beings.

With that high weight she would be best either with an nhs route or private in the uk. She would be high risk for surgery I would say and the travelling would also be very hard on her afterwards. I may be wrong and I'm sure people will chip in with other views..but she is better safe than sorry! The consultant would advise the best surgery for her..but I was a binge eater and the sleeve has worked for me, I dump too...if I over sugar I throw up and fall asleep for 2 hours, it's like a switch off totally.
I hope she decides on a suitable route no matter what x

Has she approached her GP? Mine was happy to refer me...the only problem was that my hospital sets higher criteria than the NICE guidelines and I didn't qualify even with a BMI of 48.4 because I only had one co-morbidity. I would have thought that your daughter would qualify at most hospitals. I did a lot of research and chose Dr Chris because he had lots of recommendations online and very low complication rates. I also had the problem of my age, some providers have an upper limit.

As Karina says the travelling may be an issue for her, although I recovered very quickly and was able to travel on my own, this is not the case for everyone. When doing your research make sure you find out what will happen in the event of complications during or after surgery...my op took place in a major hospital with Intensive Care beds and an A&E department should I have needed to go back after discharge.

Definitely discuss the different options with the surgeon...I was a binge eater, but also ate large portions at meal times. I felt I might be able to cheat the sleeve so opted for an RNY. I don't dump very often but it can happen, out of the blue, with something I eat regularly. Sugary things tend to make me sleepy and fat upsets my stomach.

I wish you the best of luck in getting your daughter the help she needs

Lynn x

I am going yo get her an appointment for when she is on holiday early next month .. I didnt have any luck with this surgery so will see if they can help her , but she doesn't have any health markers that we know of ..
Will get her an appointment with the lady doc ..
I just want to cover all my basis at this point ..

Last edited:
I am going yo get her an appointment for when she is on holiday early next month .. I didnt have any luck with this surgery so will see if they can help her , but she doesn't have any health markers that we know of ..
Will get her an appointment with the lady doc ..
I just want to cover all my basis at this point ..

Countrywench I am happy for you to pm me. Not that I have had the surgery done as yet, but can help with some costings as I got a lot of quotes for the sleeve x

Thank you Kimberly .. Will do ..

Back