• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice please

Bellydancer57

My sister is really struggling with her weight loss. She has been in a constantly on a diet all her life. In the last few years she has been under a private doctor on tablets & injections & has thyroid problems. She is not loosing any weight & hardly eats but is always hungry. She admits to having food issues. She is impressed with my sleeve but I have not had her issues. She would like WLS but fears being out of action with the op & was wondering if her BMI is too low 31.
She would like a band & would have it done privately. Does anyone know what is the criteria for bands done privately. She really doesn't want surgery coz she has a dependant small child. Would a ballon be any good for her? Any advice for clinic in Central London? Thx

My sister is really struggling with her weight loss. She has been in a constantly on a diet all her life. In the last few years she has been under a private doctor on tablets & injections & has thyroid problems. She is not loosing any weight & hardly eats but is always hungry. She admits to having food issues. She is impressed with my sleeve but I have not had her issues. She would like WLS but fears being out of action with the op & was wondering if her BMI is too low 31.
She would like a band & would have it done privately. Does anyone know what is the criteria for bands done privately. She really doesn't want surgery coz she has a dependant small child. Would a ballon be any good for her? Any advice for clinic in Central London? Thx
they usually only use balloons for severely overweight people, to bring their weight down to a safe level for surgery. Not sure of the criteria bmi for private, but have a feeling its 35. If she doesnt eat much, maybe surgery isnt the answer?
Hope she gets sorted xxx

Thx. She doesn't eat coz she is afraid she will put in weight. She is a grazer/picker but love food. She feels if she eats she eats too much so over he years she has drilled herself ino such strict discipline. Her husband is the same constantly on a diet & pressurising her. She would have been much bigger like me if she had not adopted this strict but odd & unhealthy life style.

Thx. She doesn't eat coz she is afraid she will put in weight. She is a grazer/picker but love food. She feels if she eats she eats too much so over he years she has drilled herself ino such strict discipline. Her husband is the same constantly on a diet & pressurising her. She would have been much bigger like me if she had not adopted this strict but odd & unhealthy life style.
cant they adopt the high protein low fat/carb diet?
bless her :( x

That's what she is on with this Harley Street doctor (Elton John's doctor) but it is only meat meat meat & oranges!?! If she remotely comes off it say if she goes on holiday or to a function the weight just jumps back on. She often ballons up. Real extreme yo yo dieting in my opinion. It is difficult to have discussions with her but since my sleeve & great results she is beginning to ask questions & discuss more openly. I so want to help her.

That's what she is on with this Harley Street doctor (Elton John's doctor) but it is only meat meat meat & oranges!?! If she remotely comes off it say if she goes on holiday or to a function the weight just jumps back on. She often ballons up. Real extreme yo yo dieting in my opinion. It is difficult to have discussions with her but since my sleeve & great results she is beginning to ask questions & discuss more openly. I so want to help her.
omg thats awful for her :( well it would be lovely for you to help her, is it the band that shes interested in?

Yes but I think she should have a consultation & see what her options are. Thx for your advice.

You can get a balloon or band privately with a BMI of 30+ I am not sure how well the balloon would work for someone who constantly grazes but she could always look into the options.
It might be worth her phoning somewhere with a telephone helpline, like the National Obesity Surgery Centre, to get some advice and discuss available options. They also have a website with lots of info. She wouldn't have to use them, but it will give her an idea of what is involved.

You can get a balloon or band privately with a BMI of 30+ I am not sure how well the balloon would work for someone who constantly grazes but she could always look into the options.
It might be worth her phoning somewhere with a telephone helpline, like the National Obesity Surgery Centre, to get some advice and discuss available options. They also have a website with lots of info. She wouldn't have to use them, but it will give her an idea of what is involved.

Thx I'll get some info for her & see if I can coax her into a consultation.

Back