• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Secret Eaters - Channel 4

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
The first episode is half way through but its a bit of an eye opener - worth a watch!

Gross! Amazing how we've changed for the better

Just starting on C4+1 ;)

It was interesting. I found it so hard to believe that those people (who were not hugely obese like on many TV progs, but just moderately overweight) really did not think that they were doing any over eating. :confused:

I mean when I was 23 stone I kinda did know where I was going wrong, and could easily diarise all my 3 rounds of buttered toast, extra visits to the cafe for a latte and biscuits, large cheese baguettes and packets of crisps, etc etc ....

Perhaps it's easier for people who are only moderately overweight to be in denial / convincing themselves they are only eating "normally" .....???

God knows but I thought the same. We all know what caused us to get to our biggest, yet they were on another planet!

I enjoyed it and would loved to have seen my own fat table lol

I am also going up eat with my left hand! Lol

I don't know either how those people didn't realise how much they were eating/drinking.....but I guess they had a tv show to make :rolleyes:
As for eating less if they used their left hands :confused: sounds a bit like a "crazy fad diet idea" I know pre op I'd of eaten food with just my mouth if I'd broken both arms! Nothing would of stopped me getting that food in! I'd of just avoided soup and messy food a while :D.

I felt physically sick wathing them shovel all that crap in.How do their stomachs take it?
And how do people get all that popcorn in the tum in one sitting!!!

That's why I would have liked to have seen my food table at my heaviest. I was feeling sick watching them eat. But I don't know if I would have looked as bad.

And the family next week look like they defo shouldn't be in denial lol

That's why I would have liked to have seen my food table at my heaviest. I was feeling sick watching them eat. But I don't know if I would have looked as bad.

And the family next week look like they defo shouldn't be in denial lol
i was drooling pmsl :D xxx

Caren said:
i was drooling pmsl :D xxx

Lol!!! You wait until after your op lol. Your small tummy will turn lol

I'm really enjoying this show. I really see myself in these people. It's like, you get to a point where you become blind to what you're eating and how much. It becomes a habit. I can totally see how they would not realise how much they are eating. But it's still quite the eye-opener.

I also like that it's dealt with with more tact and kindness than most show about obesity. It would have been so easy to just try to "humiliate them into behaving", shaming people doesn't help, as we all know. In this show, they are confronted with the truth but treated with decent amount of respect and given real tools to change.

Back