• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Seen the surgeon - update

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
Well, I am seeing the surgeon Thursday after this long journey I have been on. However, I am going knowing my PCT will not fund my op, as I am under Heartlands and they follow the funding criteria of the pct the hospital is under, not their own.

Plus, my PCT is changing their criteria this month anyway, so no point changing to another hospital :(

The hospital say still see the surgeon, but I am wondering if there is any point? I will just have to go through being rejected and hate the thought.

I know no one can help me :) just needed to vent my frustration a bit xxx

UPDATE IN A BELOW POST

Last edited:
We can't help you get funding, but we can be here to help you get through the disappointment every time you get a knockback :sigh: Still see the surgeon as if he agrees you are a good candidate it will help at your appeal ... chin up, honey xxx :):)

Thank you very much ladies for the support. Just a few words have helped me see the sense of going. This forum makes all the difference on this journey.

(((hugs)))

Absolutely go hun!It might just make all the difference!

I will dig my positivity back out of the bottom of the wardrobe and march with it Thursday afternoon lol

Thank you :)

Good for you hun ! go put your case to the top dog it can't hurt, good luck xxx

U go girl :) good luck hope u get ur surgery :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thank you!! I am getting ready to go into persuasive, calm battle lol. I will defo update you all tomorrow :)

I'd definantly go. I have heard from a nurse friend of mine (although i don't know the ins and outs) that pcts are going to be disbanding soon and decisions that they make will be made by your gp.
Don't give up! x

i have been attending hospital in salford about my surgery but i live in preston and so i come under central lancashire pct rather than greater manchester and my funding has come from the pct where i live, not from where the hospital is, and even tho i dont meet the criteria becuase i dont have a co-morbidity i have just has my funding approved by writing to my MP and explaining my situation and that iv been trying for funding for two years, and my pct have just sent me a letter to say im booked in to go private and there paying!! and im meeting my surgeon on monday!

I'd definantly go. I have heard from a nurse friend of mine (although i don't know the ins and outs) that pcts are going to be disbanding soon and decisions that they make will be made by your gp.
Don't give up! x

Thank you :) That would be great for me, as my GP is very supportive x

(iPhone is not letting me scroll) reply to below quote: thanks for your inspiring story and well done for fighting!! Shows me I should defo never give up :)

i have been attending hospital in salford about my surgery but i live in preston and so i come under central lancashire pct rather than greater manchester and my funding has come from the pct where i live, not from where the hospital is, and even tho i dont meet the criteria becuase i dont have a co-morbidity i have just has my funding approved by writing to my MP and explaining my situation and that iv been trying for funding for two years, and my pct have just sent me a letter to say im booked in to go private and there paying!! and im meeting my surgeon on monday!

Good Luck with the meeting today Fuffs. Fingers crossed! Let us know how you get on...

Thank you very much everyone. Strangely nervous. Don't want to cone across as depressed or desperate or too empowered lol. Just want to me I guess. Just putting too much pressure on myself :) I guess I just need breathe and chill out lol

Hi Fuffs,

I've read your posts for the past few months and I just wanted to wish you so much luck and that today brings you some good news!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thank you everyone :)

Been to see the surgeon. He says I am a perfect candidate for surgery and is going to apply directly to SBPCT for me instead of BENPCT and see what happens. So fingers crossed now! Xxx

Back