• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Looks like no op for me once again :(

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
Many of you know my battle with Heartlands Hospital.

I have found out today (after bugging my pct), that my pct (south Bham) would fund me, but because I am under Heartlands, they do not follow their own criteria, they follow Bham East and North pct's criteria. This means that even when I visit the surgeon on 20th Oct, I have no hope as funding.

I have been messed about so much I am now going to speak to people in charge. I hope others do not have to go through the same.

Thank you for all the support on here x

I'm south birmingham pct and have had no trouble with funding but my gp would not go though heartlands and so went the wm route x good luck

Many of you know my battle with Heartlands Hospital.

I have found out today (after bugging my pct), that my pct (south Bham) would fund me, but because I am under Heartlands, they do not follow their own criteria, they follow Bham East and North pct's criteria. This means that even when I visit the surgeon on 20th Oct, I have no hope as funding.

I have been messed about so much I am now going to speak to people in charge. I hope others do not have to go through the same.

Thank you for all the support on here x

Get back onto the PCT and ask them what hospital they would fund for.

Rambo was sent to the wrong hospital (Walsall Manor) I think that it took nearly a year going to WM and just about to have his Pre-ops before his pct said that they wouldn't fund WM and he ended up going to Heartlands where he had a very successful gastric sleeve done
Give him a shout!

Hi Fuffs,

I would go back to your PCT and check which hospitals they will fund. It may be worth asking you GP for a referral to WM anyway, so atleast you are in the system.

I am with BEN pct and my GP referred me directly to Walsall Manor despite Heartlands also offering bariatric surgery.

Hi my friends

Thanks for your responses.

I have been under Heartlands since March 2010. A series of mess ups have brought me to now. I started community wm in April after begging for some contact and support.

I have asked my pct which hospital they would fund under their own criteria. They are looking into it for me.

Problem is, Oct sees SBPCT change their criteria to the same as BEN. This means no matter what happens now, I will be too late to meet the criteria. It's pants!! :(

I totally feel what you are saying. I need to get my focused, positive head back on :)

Thank you for the timely reminder :) xxx

I am so sorry hon. I had nothing but trouble with Heartlands and finally gave up and went privately. I hope you find success with your funding very soon.

Glad it's not just me. I have felt victimised. I hope I win the lottery this weekend and would do the same. Thanks for you words of support x

Thank you very much. Just being able to talk to others helps a lot. I appreciate the lovely support on here xxx

dont think ill be having surgery either :(

It must be very frustrating and upsetting for you.

I'm sorry I don't know what else to say other than keep your spirits up and fight the good fight. I just hope you get a glimmer of hope and a way forward soon. Xx

Thanks everyone. I also feel like there is nothing to say lol. I have spent since April fighting them and since august 2010 trying to get them to take action and feel deflated. However, it's not over til it's over for either of us Caren. So we need to march on until the bitter or sweet end :)

Fuffs said:
Thank you very much. Just being able to talk to others helps a lot. I appreciate the lovely support on here xxx

Hi was under Walsall waited 2years given a date for op 4weeks befor op fund turned down wore ester not the same guides line so in the end went to the hospital group but it not fair how they do it x

Hi was under Walsall waited 2years given a date for op 4weeks befor op fund turned down wore ester not the same guides line so in the end went to the hospital group but it not fair how they do it x

That is terrible! I feel we are often seen as a hospital number and not a person. It really is not fair.

So, you went private in the end?

Back