• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ROYAL DERBY HOSPITAL

Linski

:confused::confused:Hi
Has anyone had surgery at the Royal Derby hospital under the care of Mr Leeder or Mr Ahmed?

If so can you tell me your waiting times and anything about your funding.

I ask as I am having real difficulty in finding a hospital other than Walsall and Heartlands that my PCT fund.

I was told by South Staffs Commissioning to ask to be refered to Derby as they fund there.

Many thanks

Linski
xxx

I am going there but not been yet. I got my funding after appeal, due to a comorbidity ie i need a hip replacement. Keeley and Bea bea are also there xxxxxx

Hi Linski, my Consultant is Mr Ahmed at the Derby Royal, I first saw him in July 2009 and the dietician too. I had to do weight management and he said he would see me again in 3 months. An appointment came through to see the dietician in November 2009 and she said I was ready to go on the list and would forward this information to Mr Ahmed. Somewhere along the way the PCT muddled up the paper work and I was refused funding. Out of the blue about three months later I had a letter from the PCT to say I had funding. I have been waiting since then and I have my date for 22nd November.

So, all in all, for me it has been a long time waiting compared to many others in other hospitals, but I know that others at Derby have been okay and usually have about six month wait after receiving funding.

I hope this helps, message me if you want

hi - im at derby under Mr Ahmed too - the waiting list is 6 months for everyone at derby and the funding depends on your area - like beabea and veronica both have to apply for funding where as i didnt - my area is automatic funding! i think it dont matters what hospital you have it done at the funding will still come from the same place! (dont quote me on that)
i was referred november 09 and it took till july to get my first apointment to see the dietician and the surgeon then Mr Ahmed asked me to come back in 3 months and do 1 hour exercise per day and he would put me on the list - so as of the 23rd of september im on the waiting list which is approx 6 month - hope this helps! karenlouisemee is also at derby

hi linski i am at the derby hospital. i was refered the by the gp in nov 09 first appointment was on the 2nd feb 10 thats when he applied for funding for me i was then put on the waiting list on th 2nd march 10 i got my date for surgery as 24th nov 10 and pre op on the 2nd nov so from being reffered from the gp its been just under a year from start to finish.

hi linski i am at the derby hospital. i was refered the by the gp in nov 09 first appointment was on the 2nd feb 10 thats when he applied for funding for me i was then put on the waiting list on th 2nd march 10 i got my date for surgery as 24th nov 10 and pre op on the 2nd nov so from being reffered from the gp its been just under a year from start to finish.

Hi Karen,
Thanks for your reply and good luck for you op. Gig you have to do a weight management course there at all or did they just apply for funding?

Lin x

Hi Josie and welcome to the forum. I also am under Mr Ahmed. I had my first appointment on Tuesday this week, and have to go back in 3 months. I hope then to be put on the waiting list, so would expect my op around about July-Aug 2011.

i personally didnt have to do any weight management. i had my operation on wednesday with mr leeder and he was excellent. The hospital all in all was great provided excellent care and the gas man was a dish to always good to have something nice to look at as you go off to sleep.

Linski, you really need to take a deep breath and step back! You have your appt at WM with Mr Kendrick for December, after this you'll go on the waiting list...

Worry about other possible hospitals if he's not happy for you to have it! As Karenlouisemee says it took almost a year for her surgery.

At least if you're at the Manor it's not such a trek home after surgery xx

Hi Julie,
This post is from a while ago prior to my appointment coming through for Mr Kendrick. Remember I was referred in May and too date have only seen Dr Heartland so it will be 9 months when I see Dr K. Then it will be 9 months minmum for surgery if he approves me. It was my GP who advised me to see which moved first for appointments and it was WM in the end so WM it is.
At Derby you have to apply and be granted funding/ sleep studies etc before they will even contemplate seeing you. From what you said a few weeks ago South staffs have run out of funding and so either way really I have no option to to take a step back and wait.

I have 2 operations one on Jan 4th and one in March on my legs so I have that which is distracting me a little at the moment.

I am happy now I have at least a little movement and communication form WM and do prefer to go there too be honest.

Hope you are well?

Linski xxx

I'm great Lin, wishing you all the best with your ops. Your surgery will be here before you know it x

phatmomma said:
I'm great Lin, wishing you all the best with your ops. Your surgery will be here before you know it x

Hi can I ask about pct funding does gp have to appall for funding or does Walsall manor appall they never explained any of this went to Walsall and never thought to ask never thought it was so long waiting my next appointment has come it in early may but thing worst for me so time on my hands due to being let go by my work due ill Heath in November . So it my mind all the time I have started food diary and I'm sticking to 1700 kcal a day and I've started losing some weight thanks

Hi can I ask about pct funding does gp have to appall for funding or does Walsall manor appall they never explained any of this went to Walsall and never thought to ask never thought it was so long waiting my next appointment has come it in early may but thing worst for me so time on my hands due to being let go by my work due ill Heath in November . So it my mind all the time I have started food diary and I'm sticking to 1700 kcal a day and I've started losing some weight thanks

Hi Mecca and welcome to this wonderful site. You will not be alone on here as everyone is just so welcoming and supportive. Best advice I can give is keep logging on and communicating daily, trust me it will keep you going!

Now onto funding. Walsall Manor will apply for funding once you have made the waiting list. I was considering Derby Royal and with them you need to have funding in place before they will even see you so ingnore the above posts.

What stage are you at with Waslall and who are you due to see in May?

Keep posting.

Linski xxx

Hi got to see mr kendrick in may second appointment I thinking I'm worry about reading stories from different people gets your mind racing .since my first I'm appointment click in my head if change my eating habits and show him in may I have change it got help my case I started a diary on my iPad filing in a diary every day keeping to 1500 to 1700 kcal a day . Trouble me I need a knee replacement due to motor accident I had 24 years ago so can't work since last Christmas and bmi 54 .sorry about rambling on u eased my mind thanks

Back