• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Self injecting...uh oh!!!

rudders

OMG don't know if I can.... Other half doesn't think he could do it to me either.....
Needle phobia being put to the test on this WLS journey LOL!!'

It's easy and it doesn't hurt. Just pinch your skin, put the needle in as straight as possible and press the plunger :)

My hubby is a bit sadistic like that he cant wait to do them, he even asked surgeon could he watch the op. yuckkkkkkkkkk no thank you I cant even watch them on TV lol

:eek: Me no understand! :confused: What are you self injecting? Sorry to be a thicko but I didn't realise any surgeries came with self injecting... x

Not sure if all hosp do it but its an injection so u dont get blood clots while you are immobile for a little while. x

You learn something new. :) I have a suringe to take the evening before my op to thin out blood, but wasn't aware I'd be given more to do afterwards.

I was worried about them but the nurse let me practice in the hospital so it really wasn't to bad,hated the stockings more.

Yep I had clexane for a week. The needle is so fine and the nurse will show you exactly what to do.

Not everyone gets them but I'm glad I did xx

I didn't have them before but afterwards ,it really is easy not a long needle either you do have to alternate sides and try not to do it in same place :) I didn't have to do it after recent gallbladder op coz I don't weigh anywhere near as much but did after all the other ops I've had while so heavy x

I had to stab myself the night before!

Then the nurse said after the op, right let me see you do it???

It took everything I had to do it the first time! Then she said come on shove it in! Ouch!!!

LOL now doing it daily got another 8 days of them :(

Such a treat...the stockings I cant do they cut my circulation off how daft is that not DVT but no blood circulating. :(

Lol mine came off and straight into the bin.

Back