• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Seminar Tomorrow!!

EmDubs

Bleurgh...!
Hi all,

I have my TT Seminar at St. Georges hospital tomorrow and I am SO excited!

Hopefully going to be saying 'Hi!' to RustyAngel too!

Is there anything anyone can recommend I ask or take with me, or anything I should know before I get there?

Eeeeek!!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Good Luck hun it is such an exciting time, but you wait till you get your date you will be jumping of the ceiling :)

Good luck with this let us know how you get on xxx

Ah, Thanks Guys!

Staffy, you know I'll be bouncing! I'm meeting with the administrator tomorrow after the seminar presentation to hopefully get my date. Either way I will be posting details of my day when I get back!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!

I'm the tall, plain ol' Jane lookin one! Brown hair, green top, dark jeans, boots, black cardie and a grey bag on diagonally over my body. How sad is it that I've already sorted out my clothes? Lol!

Although I have to say it's gonna be such a relief talking to someone who knows and can understand what I'm going through!

I wonder how many people are going to be there...?

Em.

Ems, that is so weird, I was just sitting here planning what to wear too, so we are couple of saddos! I haven't decided what to wear yet but I'm 5ft 8 with short blonde hair and blue eyes. Oh and I'll also probably be stupidly early cos I'm a bit OCD about time lol.

Not sure how many will be there but I know the seminars are one per month so I guess there will be quite a few of us. I was wondering if it's purely abdominoplasty patients or other plastics too?

Can't wait to meet you tomorrow.

Debs xx

Aww you too Debs.

On the letter it just mentions Plastics. Doesn't mention specific ops.

I'll probably be there a little early too but I'd much rather that than miss it, or even have everyone looking at me rocking up late!

Sleep well and I'll see you tomorrow.

Em.

I'm sitting in the waiting room...

Like a plum I just walked in on the seminar prior to ours... Well Done me...! Lol!

Just heading back to the car now and I have to say today was absolutely, 100% worth it.

Met Debs who is fab and has done amazingly on her WL journey!

Was a little shocked and put off (only for a second) about having the op done because of some of the pictures but on the whole felt completely at ease by the Nurse who was taking the Seminar.

Roll on 16th of May for the pre-op! Woo!

Did u get ur date Em and lol for walking into the seminar prior to yours, that's something I would do as I always tend to get there at least 20-30 mins early :)

Ha! Donut!

Haven't got my date yet. I might call them to find out if they can let me know.

Well what an eye-opening day! The seminar was very informative as Ems said and it certainly gave me a few things to think about! Had my pre-op straight afterwards which went smoothly (apart from having to queue for two hours to get a blood test done).

What made my day was meeting Ems who is lovely (and certainly no plain Jane as she puts it!). It's nice to be able to share this journey with someone in person as well as here.

One more hurdle jumped over... Let's see what happens next!

Debs xxx

Oh Debs! I walked past the blood test area before the seminar and it was 91 minutes wait then! It's funny how you wait for something for hours but when it's your turn it's done in a minute! Ha!

How was the pre-op? What did they say/do?

The pre-op was fine thanks Ems and I met with a Nurse and Sister from the plastics ward who were both lovely. It took about an hour to do all the usual 'have you ever had so-and-so' and 'do you suffer from this-and-that' forms. Then they weighed me and sent me off for blood test, so all very straightforward really.

Feeling a bit all over the place today having geared myself up to have surgery on 16th June and now that's not happening due to the senior nurse advising that it was too close to my pre-booked travels. I could be looking at deferring until September now which isn't the end of the world but will mean a very uncomfortable summer :(

Debs xx

Why September? Do they not have an earlier date? What about a different Surgeon? Or are you happy to leave it until then?

All these questions...! Lol!

It would have to be September because we don't have anyone who can help with childcare during school hols. My hubby can work from home and look after me but
won't get any work done at all if he has to look after our son. Plus it's not much of a holiday for our lad!

I asked about swapping consultants and that's not possible so I'll have to wait and see. Admissions Clerk is speaking with consultant today.

Debs xxx

Back